Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

0106221431a_HDR.jpg

They didn't understand why I didn't let them out on the morning before ice storm rolled in.

She's a Mottled Java -- out of a Brown Egg Assorted pack.

I'd like to have a couple Anconas.
very cute!

Really? I have at least three anconas and theyā€™re a pain in the rear honestly šŸ˜‚
(Thatā€™s just my experience, donā€™t let me steer you off ;))

They are flighty, they will fly out of 6 foot fences regardless of wing clipping, The only bright side is that their plumage is unique and they lay white eggs. We have only had brown eggers.

very cute!

Really? I have at least three anconas and theyā€™re a pain in the rear honestly šŸ˜‚
(Thatā€™s just my experience, donā€™t let me steer you off ;))

They are flighty, they will fly out of 6 foot fences regardless of wing clipping, The only bright side is that their plumage is unique and they lay white eggs. We have only had brown eggers.

I'm hoping that they will share some characteristics with my California White.

I am finding that a few Mediterranean breeds in my flock are like adding a dash of hot pepper sauce to the chicken and rice. :)

I wouldn't want a whole flock of birds like my Chipotle, but unless I go to all purebreds of some breed I don't want to be without a couple again.

I'm hoping that they will share some characteristics with my California White.

I am finding that a few Mediterranean breeds in my flock are like adding a dash of hot pepper sauce to the chicken and rice. :)

I wouldn't want a whole flock of birds like my Chipotle, but unless I go to all purebreds of some breed I don't want to be without a couple again.
We have the California whites as well, we actually bought them together and theyā€™re just as bad as the Anconas. šŸ˜³

I do enjoy adding new things to my flock though, I just wish I had gone for something a little bit more tame. šŸ˜‚

My familyā€™s farm has mostly mixes, the best mix Iā€™ve ever bred being red sex link x Easter Egger crosses.
They make for a wonderfully friendly and hardy bird. They lay brown eggs which have seem to be pretty large from especially from my Freya.

Back
Top Bottom