Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

A "failure" in my culling project, this bird has almost none of my desired traits, but she won the genetic lottery for "attractive" - enough so that she's been spared the knife for at least 6 more months. Dame was an SLW, Sire was a Mutt.

View attachment 2973642
If she doesn't meet your high standards, then let someone local have her.. I'm sure they would love to have eggs for breakfast!

If she doesn't meet your high standards, then let someone local have her.. I'm sure they would love to have eggs for breakfast!
Hey neighbor! (you are about 75 mi away)

No interest locally - but a number of neighbors come to me for eggs, so she's serving that purpose. I can fill out the NPIP paperwork if you want to cross state lines. But I would have to actually sell her. (you'd spend more in gas than in buying - not really a great deal, honestly)

I know we need them in MO. Even if we order out of state hatching eggs we have to order them from an NPIP breeder in order to bring them into the state.

I can understand the logic behind it but it sure throws a monkey wrench into the works. I've had people offer me bantam eggs but they aren't NPIP breeders so I have to decline. Since some diseases do pass the egg barrier though so once again I do understand.

Back
Top Bottom