Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

7C68285B-A12A-4C9E-8D49-FDAD210D1538.jpeg

My super sweet Wyandotte Silkie, Karen, relaxing in her favorite spot. Right in the middle of the palms!

Why Karen? Sometimes she’s a little karen-y to the other hens, and she has a Karen looking haircut 🤣 it’s more puffy and round than all the other hens (what are the feathers on top of a hens head called?!)

Last edited:
A9AFE8FE-8F63-4A57-AA94-2E911DDC2547.jpeg

Two more of my sweet hens!

Swingy, another Wyandotte Silkie (left) and Duckie, my only game hen!

Fun fact about Swingy:
She got her name as a young pullet, she was an adventurous little one! She was the first of the flock to have the wild idea of flying up on the heat lamp cord to swing back and forth! She later convinced other members of the flock to swing along with her, and thus was forever known as “Swingy” from there on out.

The origins of Duckie:
We rescued this girl from the same person that we rescued our blind rooster Joe from (someone who works for my parents, they fight roosters and we’re not sure what to do about it 😞). They brought this girl along with three other chickens to the workshop, and just let them roam the yard to breed. When they had a couple weeks off work, this person never came by to feed or water the chickens and the other three had disappeared. This is when we decided to secretly take her home, because obviously they didn’t care. To this day, they’ve never found out that we took her in and gave her a better life. Soon after, we named her Duckie because she looks and acts like a duck!

❤️ No name yet
😆 That chick needs to cut back on the beer & hoagie subs 😆 🤣 😂 ikun3.jpg

(At 1st glance it looked like the chick was striking a "potbelly pose" but it's an optical illusion, dark area behind chick made the dark back of chick disappear, place your thumb over the dark area on chick's back & youll see what I saw, looking at my phone while in a dark room Lol, so hope you don't take offense to my odd humor...the chick is adorable!)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom