Picture withdrawl!

Here's my brooder .
63768_brooder_building_004.jpg

Thanks 7L!
big_smile.png

I notice that your brooder is "open" while most I've seen have solid walls. Is there a particular reason or simply a personal preference? The first thing that comes to my mind is better ventilation, which I do like way much! Is this so?

You will have more mess around the brooder with open sides. Quail scratch and fling bedding and food everywhere...

Here is my home made scrap wood brooder it is 30"x48". With the two doors I can divide it and clean out is super easy. I just shoo them over to one side and put a temporary piece of cardboard in there. then clean up that side. Solid sides keep the mess down. Dust and dander does come out the top and coat everything around it. 32 birds in there.

DSC01136.jpg

Here is my whole garage set up.

DSC01138.jpg

I never answered the question. I love my brooder it was free. I don't leave my birds in the brooder house very long. I mainly brood mine where their gonna live. They feather out quicker & seem to be healthier if you raise them in the elements. There your birds & there's a million different ways to raise them because every situation is different.

Quote:
If you noticed I use the Brinsea ECO 50 brooder. No more heat lamps for this cowboy. There very dangerous & don't regulate the heat worth a daaaaaam. You can raise one side higher than the other on the ECO & sleep like a baby at night not worrying if your birds are cooking or your house. Helps on the electric bill as well.

I want to use one of those Eco 50 heaters. I think it is an excellent way to keep chicks warm. It also gets them on a normal light cycle.

Back
Top Bottom