Pictures and information on good silkie feet please?

Quote:
I would never breed a 4 toed bird, same goes for a single comb bird, or 6 toed bird. Yes, you will get some chicks that have the right amount of toes or comb, but the chicks will also carry that bad gene and it will keep comming up later on down the line in when you breed. Not something i would want to deal with.

Quote:
I would never breed a 4 toed bird, same goes for a single comb bird, or 6 toed bird. Yes, you will get some chicks that have the right amount of toes or comb, but the chicks will also carry that bad gene and it will keep comming up later on down the line in when you breed. Not something i would want to deal with.

Yeaaaahhhh...... That's the opinion I am forming myself. Hence, my sad face
hit.gif

I really like silkies and would like to breed great quality birds. It just breaks my heart cause he is so great in every other way. Well really it's just that I'm attached to the little bugger
roll.png

I used to breed Chinese Crested Dogs. I never had a problem "culling" out pups with a pet quality label and a spay/neuter contract. My show quality pups always had a hefty price. I did this because I wanted to know a person was SERIOUS about showing or breeding, not to rip them off. I'm starting to realize that like the dogs, it's about preserving the breed to it's best standards.

I really appreciate opinions from those of you who are experienced silkie breeders. The last thing I would want is to have a reputation of selling bad genetics! Unlike pups, you can't quite send away a chick with a spay/neuter contract LOL! One of my family members is taking my buff roo, I just hope I can find an equally great pet home for my splash.

Thanks Again Sundown you have been a very helpful resource for me!
~Steph

Quote:

Yeaaaahhhh...... That's the opinion I am forming myself. Hence, my sad face
hit.gif

I really like silkies and would like to breed great quality birds. It just breaks my heart cause he is so great in every other way. Well really it's just that I'm attached to the little bugger
roll.png

I used to breed Chinese Crested Dogs. I never had a problem "culling" out pups with a pet quality label and a spay/neuter contract. My show quality pups always had a hefty price. I did this because I wanted to know a person was SERIOUS about showing or breeding, not to rip them off. I'm starting to realize that like the dogs, it's about preserving the breed to it's best standards.

I really appreciate opinions from those of you who are experienced silkie breeders. The last thing I would want is to have a reputation of selling bad genetics! Unlike pups, you can't quite send away a chick with a spay/neuter contract LOL! One of my family members is taking my buff roo, I just hope I can find an equally great pet home for my splash.

Thanks Again Sundown you have been a very helpful resource for me!
~Steph

It's easier to "cull" out dogs as pets though, since most ppl don't EAT dogs! lol I give mine away to the Navajos, they like to have them as pets and don't care if they meet breed standards, because they have a lot of mix breed chickens.
smile.png
Some might get eaten, but for the most part they don't.

Back
Top Bottom