Pictures around the farm

CHICKENS!

Oh, sorry, I just blurted that out. I love looking at folks' poultry.

I do like pictures of other livestock and the property, don't get me wrong! I just really love to see chickens out in their yards, or sitting on their nests, or lounging in their houses.

Before I got my chickens, I would have looked at such pictures more with an eye to the location and property, but now I just love admiring chickens and ducks because I now know they each have their own personalities. So silly that I never even imagined that BC (Before Chickens).

Thanks so much for sharing them all!

ChickensAreSweet: Oh, I love the name "Autumn!" That's PERFECT!!!
wee.gif
D.gif

gryeyes: I still have some pictures I haven't uploaded from yesterday, and I also took some more this afternoon.

Here is my "Quail House."
I have all my Button quail in there, my big incubator and all my poultry supplies, brooders, etc.

The Back of the building
47807_discomoters_15.jpg

The incubator - currently has: 42 Button Quail eggs and a few chicken/guinea eggs. The blue nesting box w/ the heat lamp over it is where I turn them eggs, I take them out of the incubator and turn on the lamp to keep them warm while I turn them.
47807_discomoters_32.jpg

Shavings, my shelves that are going to be 5 quail pens as soon as I can get the guys to work on it some more.
hmm.png
Until then they're just used for storage.
47807_discomoters_39.jpg

Two of my 3 Button Pens. The larger pen has 4 buttons, 3 males and 1 female ...
roll.png
Pen No.#2 has a pair, Birdy and Itty Bitty.
47807_discomoters_46.jpg

Under the table I have more storage.
47807_discomoters_47.jpg

The front and the door.
47807_discomoters_53.jpg

Button Pen No.#3 These are the parents of the other 6.
47807_discomoters_56.jpg

View when you walk in the door.

47807_discomoters_63.jpg

Quote:
Guineas are quiet entertaining!
smile.png

They make a very odd sound .. very loud odd sounds to be exact!
lol.png

Um, they take a little bit more "Training" the chickens do. You have to keep them locked up for 5 - 6 weeks in "their" coop before letting them out .. otherwise they go roost up in trees and get killed ... don't even ask how I know that ...
roll.png

They can be quiet tame if handled alot from a young age. They do not bond with you as much as chickens do though.
hmm.png

( Send me a PM and we can talk about this.
smile.png
)

Back
Top Bottom