Pictures from the Apache County Poultry Show

Geckolady

Counting Chickens B4 They're Hatched
Sep 12, 2020
east central Arizona
This morning I went to the Apache County Poultry Show in Saint Johns, AZ. It was huge for being held in such a small town in a remote location. I just wanted to share pics of some of the nice looking birds there.

A Leghorn with a different type of comb. There was another white Leghorn there with a sort of knotty looking comb, too. The combs on my Leghorns are large and flop over on the girls, stand up straight on the boys, so this looked unusual to me. I wanted to take more Leghorn pics, but a young lady informed me that I was NOT take any pictures of her chickens. Well, OK. I was not messing with them, just standing nearby and taking pics. But anyway....

20211023_083240.jpg

Then I did a double take. I saw what looked a lot like my silver grey Dorkings, but they were listed as Leghorns. I don't have a Dorking roo, but this Leghorn sure looked like one to me.

20211023_083408.jpg

20211023_083353.jpg

Then there was this cockerel with the floppity feathered feet.

20211023_085307.jpg

Loved the color and patterning on these two.

20211023_091218.jpg

20211023_100148.jpg

Interesting pattern on this one, too.

20211023_095105.jpg

A bouffant hair-do on this Polish.

20211023_095233.jpg

And a huge tail on this cockerel.

20211023_100326.jpg

Then there was a curious turkey

20211023_095830.jpg

a pretty duck

20211023_095906.jpg

an odd looking duck

20211023_095950.jpg

and this cute little chicken of unknown breed that was for sale in a cage with various other chickens. I loved its face with its little poofy cheeksies and nice coloring. Yes, I talked baby talk to it. Deal with it.

20211023_101013.jpg

It was at this show a year ago that I bought my first chickens, and while I was there, I met a show judge. It turns out he lives nearby, and is willing to come out and take a look at my chickens and give me guidance as to how and what to breed.

So it was a fun day, and worth going.

Last edited:
This morning I went to the Apache County Poultry Show in Saint Johns, AZ. It was huge for being held in such a small town in a remote location. I just wanted to share pics of some of the nice looking birds there.

A Leghorn with a different type of comb. There was another white Leghorn there with a sort of knotty looking comb, too. The combs on my Leghorns are large and flop over on the girls, stand up straight on the boys, so this looked unusual to me. I wanted to take more Leghorn pics, but a young lady informed me that I was NOT take any pictures of her chickens. Well, OK. I was not messing with them, just standing nearby and taking pics. But anyway....

View attachment 2876081

Then I did a double take. I saw what looked a lot like my silver grey Dorkings, but they were listed as Leghorns. I don't have a Dorking roo, but this Leghorn sure looked like one to me.

View attachment 2876111

View attachment 2876107

View attachment 2876115

Loved the color and patterning on these two.

View attachment 2876118

View attachment 2876123

View attachment 2876126

A bouffant hair-do on this Polish.

View attachment 2876128

View attachment 2876139

Then there was a curious turkey

View attachment 2876141

a pretty duck

View attachment 2876142

an odd looking duck

View attachment 2876152

and this cute little chicken of unknown breed that was for sale in a cage with various other chickens. I loved its face with its little poofy cheeksies and nice coloring. Yes, I talked baby talk to it. Deal with it.

View attachment 2876155

It was at this show a year ago that I bought my first chickens, and while I was there, I met a show judge. It turns out he lives nearby, and is willing to come out and take a look at my chickens and give me guidance as to how and what to breed.

So it was a fun day, and worth going.
I'm glad that you had a good time there! So, you didn't come home with more chicken's? ;)

Mille Fleur D'Uccle!
I believe that's a barnevelder..?

Porcelain D'Uccle!

Serema I believe

Thanks for sharing! They are all so beautiful ❤️

Mille Fleur D'Uccle!

I believe that's a barnevelder..?

Porcelain D'Uccle!

Serema I believe

Thanks for sharing! They are all so beautiful ❤️
there was a silver leghorn female in the pic just below the unusal colored one, don't know if he was a silver leghorn rooster, I've just seen silver leghorn females before.

I'm glad that you had a good time there! So, you didn't come home with more chicken's? ;)
If it weren't too small to ever fit in with my flock, that little poofy cheeked chicken would have followed me home.

There was a naked necked bantam there, but no full sized NNs. That was surprising, there were some there last year.

there was a silver leghorn female in the pic just below the unusal colored one, don't know if he was a silver leghorn rooster, I've just seen silver leghorn females before.
That's what the card on his cage said. I'd never seen that color of Leghorn before. The coloring is just like you see on silver grey Dorkings.

Back
Top Bottom