Pictures of Freebird! and the gang

Wow! That is one of the most handsome roosters I have ever seen!
bow.gif

He totally has the "classic country chicken" look (you know, the kind you find in paintings and on dinner plates and such).

Quote:
who knows ...she is the same as all the others except for the two australorps and barred rocks (if they are even in the pcitures)

my best guesstimate is game x ancona x polish or silkie? whereever they got the fro from it was way back in the lineage...

Your chickens look great, please tell me what breed the rooster is?
Plus the black hens with red feathers about their neck are they the same breed? I have a hen the same but never knew what breed, but the rooster I was shown was not spangled like yours?

Quote:
who knows ...she is the same as all the others except for the two australorps and barred rocks (if they are even in the pcitures)

my best guesstimate is game x ancona x polish or silkie? whereever they got the fro from it was way back in the lineage...

Hah. Wierd. The people we got her from had 1 Polish hen and one roo. No Silkies, so I know she's part that...but she is identically the same as yours! Not a bad layer, either...Thanks for responding!

Quote:
Mine are just mixed and i dont exactly know their breed composition.
black sex links (barred rock x rhode island red) can look like you describe.

Back
Top Bottom