Pictures of my 8 week old chickens and coop

kimbymarie

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 18, 2011
Central Massachusetts
Hi, These are my chickens, not sure what kind they are, thinking buff orpington. Does anyone know?
87353_dylan_and_chickens_2011_034.jpg
87353_dylan_and_chickens_2011_019.jpg

87353_dylan_and_chickens_2011_018.jpg
87353_dylan_and_chickens_2011_026.jpg

87353_dylan_and_chickens_2011_031.jpg

Nice Coop! I have a couple of Orps close to the same age as yours, but I think they might be White Orpingtons because they're not really tan like yours. still new and trying to figure it all out!

Quote:
I agree.. I learned chicken Math.. ahhah I have 19 now and need to get 2 more to replace 2 EEs I lost then next year lavander and or blue orphingotns.. see how good I am at the chicken math.. hahah..
I really like how you built your coop looks like it is going to have easy access and the size is very nice as well.

blessed be )O(
Pink

Thank you everyone. I was hoping they were buffs. I did have a variety, but gave 6 chickens to a friend. Was concerned with the winters here. Wanted to be sure I had enough room in coop and With all I have read buffs do real well in cold weather, so that's why I kept all 6 buffs. Plus, I can't believe how friendly they all are. Jump on my lap and I can pick all of them up with no squirming or squawking. Very sweet loving birds. Thank you on the compliments on the coop. I did not build it. I had it made. It's pretty cool. Would like run to be larger so I may add on to that in the future. Thanks again everyone.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom