Pictures of my girls in the snow!

Ok - I think i'll give it a shot... first I'm gonna check my local feed store and see if they have it... if not, i'll order it online.    

Could be why she's always looking so angry, but I think thats just Gloria being Gloria!

LOL don't mention the booties to my dog... she still has nightmares about it....  :D

Scaly leg mites is contagious. She can pass it on to the new girl, so watch out.

I think the medicine she mentioned would work. I would always try natural first, but since you have tried, I would definitely go with the other stuff. She will feel so much better :)

Scaly leg mites is contagious. She can pass it on to the new girl, so watch out.
I think the medicine she mentioned would work. I would always try natural first, but since you have tried, I would definitely go with the other stuff. She will feel so much better
smile.png

I'm not even sure if this is scaly leg mites... her legs are bare and the problem is that big brown lump on her foot..... any ideas if the cream would take care of that?? Picture below:

Those images almost look like scabs. Does she limp from the broken leg she had a long time ago? It looks like it didn't set right, or even broke through the skin. I would use anti-bacterial ointment for poultry daily. It would take care of wounds, but that's what it looks like to me. Doesn't look like mites at all from these images. :/

Those images almost look like scabs. Does she limp from the broken leg she had a long time ago? It looks like it didn't set right, or even broke through the skin. I would use anti-bacterial ointment for poultry daily. It would take care of wounds, but that's what it looks like to me. Doesn't look like mites at all from these images.
hmm.png

Thats what I thought, scabs. She limps... I believe the scab is there because of when her foot was stepped on by a horse.

Do either of your BOs have it?

Nope, none of the other hens have it, only her.

If I were you, I would post in the emergencies/diseases with those pictures. Can you tell if she is in pain or anything? Looks like an old wound that never healed correctly

I'll do that.... she is in pain... she limps and sometimes trys to peck it off. She lays down alot and tucks it in her feathers.

Back
Top Bottom