Pictures of my 'road runner' chicken. Need help!

sidlou

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 13, 2010
Weare NH
I have two 7 week old chicks, one is a barred rock Fuzzball and 1 unknown Yellowfellow (who actually is now black (iridescent) with white wing tips). I am trying to figure out if Yellowfellow is male but when I look at the feathers, they are ALL pointy, not only the hackle and saddle feathers. Yellowfellow also has no sign of a comb yet, but maybe small bumps on the back of the legs. (When I checked my adult white leghorn hen, she has small bumps as well though). Yellowfellow is also shaped kinda weird, not really much of a chicken shape... more like a roadrunner. So... when is the right time to determine if Yellowfellow is a she? Please don't say wait till I get an egg or hear a crow. I am so attached to them already, that if I have to rehome him, I would rather do it now. Thanks.

65381_p7130009.jpg

65381_p7130011.jpg

Last edited:
I agree, pics are needed. But if there really is no sign of a comb at 7 weeks, probably a she. Some will still surprise you though.

looks like a ba, unless it dont have tan bottoms on its feet. On its crowing or egg laying abilities...
hu.gif
I still have my 4 and only sure 1 ba is a hen!!
he.gif

i just have to say that i have a chicken that i named 'the roadrunner' because she resembled on so much during her adolescent time. she was an ee and....was a she
smile.png

Quote:
its deffinitly a sumatra, i'd show pics of mine at a similar age, but my computer had the blue screen of death about a monht ago and everything got deleted.

the best i got is from my uploads. the only pic i have of him when he was a similar age (4 weeks old) is in this one: (hes the black one)
41094_014.jpg

this is how her turned out:
41094_chicken_group_pic.jpg
41094_dscn1587.jpg

Back
Top Bottom