Pictures of the Ugliest , Weirdest, Chicken Houses or Coops

needmorechickens! :

Wayne! I love it! I bet the chickens think they live in a palace!
~Rebecca

Well they do think they are royalty!! Especially the little mixed sebright rooster- He thinks he's the king of the hill, BUT He tried his luck one too many times on the big cochin. Now he's in a cage with his hen- for his own good LOL​

Quote:
Thank you!

Maybe I should make it more international and write in English? Most Swedes would understand anyway, haha...
smile.png

Quote:
Thank you!

Maybe I should make it more international and write in English? Most Swedes would understand anyway, haha...
smile.png

I would read it for sure !!

Wayne
n
Tennessee

Now listen folks, my artistic juices are flowing and I'm not trying to step on the toes of any one who thinks this picture is just junk....I believe it is art. I would love to have the front end of this car....look at that beautiful grill....They don't make a Buick like that anymore. I could incorporate this into a coop nicely....

22115_dscn0241.jpg

But then again I've been accused of thinking out of the box or having to much time on my hands.

BYC, is the place we all start the race by being an EGG!
HappyHatch'en

Last edited:
I love your coop. It is functional. However, your coop is my wife's worst nightmare. She is so afraid I am going to go to the dump and start pulling out recycled materials and build another coop.

Your's is awesome and you should be proud. Your chickens are dry, safe, and laying eggs, right? What more can you ask for?

I love it! So glad you posted, I had read your description on another post, the "shanty town" that turned into Martha Stewarts yard! We are somewhere in between, with every structural improvement / new piece of roof or foundation / trench work I try and make ours a *bit* nicer just b/c our neighbors are so close to us there's a few I need to keep happy. My son though would definitely pick yours as the winner!

Quote:
Thank you!

smile.png

I would read it for sure !!

Wayne
n
Tennessee

There's a new post in English now!
big_smile.png

HappyHatch'en :

Now listen folks, my artistic juices are flowing and I'm not trying to step on the toes of any one who thinks this picture is just junk....I believe it is art. I would love to have the front end of this car....look at that beautiful grill....They don't make a Buick like that anymore. I could incorporate this into a coop nicely....
HappyHatch'en

That's an awesome idea, it isn't junk at all. Our coop uses the wire basket from my old bike for one of the windows and has an old door for one of the walls. I think reusing things in new ways is the funnest way to build a coop.​

HappyHatch'en :

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/22115_dscn0241.jpg

But then again I've been accused of thinking out of the box or having to much time on my hands.

BYC, is the place we all start the race by being an EGG!
HappyHatch'en

That IS Art!!

Wayne​

Back
Top Bottom