Pictures of what goes on at egg laying time in the hen house

Great looking coop, girls and eggs. I can hardly wait til I get my first eggs. I hope it's soon! I have 2 RIR's, 2 BSL's and 2 SLW's all are 16 weeks. It's like waiting for water to boil. I keep checking and getting "nothing".

Quote:
My first EE laid at 16 1/2 weeks and then 5 days later the other 3 EE's started laying....the last EE should lay anytime now.

Thanks for the compliments. One mistake i made that i wanted to warn others about is...i ran out of shavings and used fresh straw on the floor of the coop and Ms Blackbeard laid her egg on the coop floor in the straw instead of one of the nest boxes. I am going to tractor supply to get shavings today and removing the straw. None of the girls had used the coop floor to lay an egg before i put the straw down.

Last edited:
That was an absolutely fascinating and well-done sequence of pictures! I loved the "monkey see, monkey do" shot!
smile.png

Thank you for brightening our morning!

Quote:
My first EE laid at 16 1/2 weeks and then 5 days later the other 3 EE's started laying....the last EE should lay anytime now.

LUCKY! My EE hasnt layed yet and they are like 26 weeks old!

Great pics.
smile.png
I tell my 16 week old buffs everyday ; " Ok! The free ride is over, time to lay some eggs. " So far, nothing.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom