Pictures of your coops!

Thanks for posting this!!! I've had my flock less than a week and the chicken math is already getting me!!! Since they are an established flock, I'm sorta of leary about adding more to the pen I have so that means........another coop/run!!!

Thanks again.

Made almost entirely from recycled wood. Pallets mostly....

32358_101_4820.jpg

Here is a pic of my coop my hubby built for me out of left over wood we had laying around, as I am just new to keeping chickens he said if I get to be serious about them he will build me a better one, I know I am serious already, totally addicted to them and love my chicks to bits
smile.png

91869_dscf0968.jpg

I built mine from a donated shipping crate & scrap 2x4's from work. Donated tin roofing from my brother. Had to buy some 4x4 posts & a few misc items. Our Coop has definately evolved. I simply cut out a door & made use of that piece... but it didn't last long.. started delaminating.. so I jumped on Craigslist.. found a storm door and refit the coop for that.

Then, well, it was just tough getting up into it.. so we built a deck of the front... added underpenning around 3 sides & attached a 10x10 dog kennel on the back side. (we have Coyotes & raccoons real bad here)

I think we are about to add another deck lean-to, off the front.. for supplies & storage.

Also added a 55 Gallon water nipple system & a home made Gravity feeder... both are MASSIVE improvements in my book!! Always clean water and plenty of feed on demand.

It's nothing fancy.. but we like it. Now, I'm in the market for two small shed windows for a little more light for the girls. (PM if you have any!)
smile.png

We also have a bee hive this year & 12 Coturnix Quail.. lots of fun!

0095.jpg

0063.jpg

0074.jpg

008.jpg

0052.jpg

0106.jpg

054.jpg

055.jpg

0051.jpg

006.jpg

005-2.jpg

001.jpg

003-1.jpg

006-2.jpg

007-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

009-2.jpg

003.jpg

004-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

2011-05-11125544.jpg

2011-05-11125554.jpg

Last edited:
Sadie that is a beautiful coop!! So many pretty and creative coops I love this thread!! I have actually fallen in love with the open air coop with the flag on top, Love it!!! and I think it's perfect for the tropical climate here, I can imagine letting a morning glory or some flowering vine grow over it! I really want to build it.

This is our coop

396702544.jpg

and we just added the screen door for additional ventilation

396775171.jpg

So far, the chickens seem to love it and we are pleased. Though, if I was going to do it all over again, I'd go just a tad bit bigger.

Back
Top Bottom