Pictures of your home-made coops and runs!

Pics
4x5 with the d20 add a motor auto door and timed lights.

It's actually a tractor that we move around the yard. I need to get a clear 30mil custom tarp and to add more high roost and to cover the nest boxes. My girls have automatic waters but I'm not sure what to do about the feed. When winter hits I'm going to use the deep litter method and just let them work it so come spring I can move the tractor remove a lot of the litter and plant in that site.

Great coops everyone. Here is an updated 99% complete coop from my last post in the end of June. We have chicks and a rescued hen inside soon to go outside in her new run.

The galvanized 1/2" hardware cloth is covering 99% of the run since this pic was taken. What a great project and am so glad it is finished. Have a great day.

Great coops everyone. Here is an updated 99% complete coop from my last post in the end of June. We have chicks and a rescued hen inside soon to go outside in her new run.

The galvanized 1/2" hardware cloth is covering 99% of the run since this pic was taken. What a great project and am so glad it is finished. Have a great day.

thumbsup.gif

Lisa :)

I was really excited about finally finishing my bantam house and posting pictures but after browsing this thread my coop seems hugely inferior to the magnificent ones on here - I'm sure they would be fit for humans to live in!
I hope one day I managed to construct a beauty like these!
But in the mean time here's mine...

After starting building in March over the last few days I have finally completed it by dividing the nest boxes, hanging the chain for the feed and building a free standing, removable perch!
I wish I had placed the hatch to the run nearer the coop itself (it's currently at the far end of the run), as the coop end is now covered for shelter from sun and of course rain! It would have been handy to be able to have the food under this cover, but makes it impossible to have to climb in, shuffle to the end and place the feed, and vice versa to retrieve it!

I was really excited about finally finishing my bantam house and posting pictures but after browsing this thread my coop seems hugely inferior to the magnificent ones on here - I'm sure they would be fit for humans to live in!
I hope one day I managed to construct a beauty like these!
But in the mean time here's mine...

After starting building in March over the last few days I have finally completed it by dividing the nest boxes, hanging the chain for the feed and building a free standing, removable perch!
I wish I had placed the hatch to the run nearer the coop itself (it's currently at the far end of the run), as the coop end is now covered for shelter from sun and of course rain! It would have been handy to be able to have the food under this cover, but makes it impossible to have to climb in, shuffle to the end and place the feed, and vice versa to retrieve it!

And your complaint was??? I love your coop.

Dumb question: How did you do your free-standing roost?

Hi Lisa! All it is a two triangular sheets of plywood, with perch bars between them! Two at the bottom corners of the triangle at floor level for stability and then perches further up! Ill try and take a photo for you :)
And thanks :)

Hi Lisa! All it is a two triangular sheets of plywood, with perch bars between them! Two at the bottom corners of the triangle at floor level for stability and then perches further up! Ill try and take a photo for you
smile.png

And thanks
smile.png

Thanks! I am picturing a ladder. I have 7 additional chicks (12 weeks now) and the older girls seem to think there isn't any room for the little ones! It is almost as bad as raising children!

Thanks! I am picturing a ladder. I have 7 additional chicks (12 weeks now) and the older girls seem to think there isn't any room for the little ones! It is almost as bad as raising children!

There is a better photo of the roost - quite similar to a ladder! Obviously with a token chicken in the photo...this is the banty house roost hence the smaller size! I have been reading about poop hammocks and I want to incorporate one into this design - I'm thinking hanging from the back wall and attaching somewhere forward of the second perch down!
I hope your young'ns get a space on the perch soon!

Back
Top Bottom