Pied Pattern

If she's been exposed to the illness and it killed peachicks after hatching in a sterile environment, indoors away from the adults it may be irresponsible to breed her as putting her in contact with clean birds could perpetuate the sickness. What exactly was this illness?

If she's been exposed to the illness and it killed peachicks after hatching in a sterile environment, indoors away from the adults it may be irresponsible to breed her as putting her in contact with clean birds could perpetuate the sickness. What exactly was this illness?
She free ranges with the boys anyway. She didn't lay any eggs last year and didn't really hang out with the hens, only her brother from the same hatch. She didn't show any signs of the illness so I'm hoping that she's fine. We're not sure on the illness. It didn't affect any other bird, just most of the hens. We will be reeveluating the flock after this breeding season and see how they all are. As I said, only the hens and chicks got it, not the boys.

Yes, we are waiting for this breeding season to be over and hoping we don't lose any more this year. If we do lose them I'll be definitely looking in to finding out what's wrong.

Back
Top Bottom