Pied Peafowl?????

Silver pied can only have like 10% color it think, they're mostly white. Here's our Houdini, as a baby we thought he/she was silver pied but as he got older more color came in so i'd say he's just pied now, alot of white still but not enough to be silver. Houdini at 5 days. 2nd to bottom - bottom is George/a 5 days old - pied. here's Houdini/a at three weeks on the right. on the left is Rose our bs hen - she's mixed with something we have yet to figure out. and to compare with georgea here they are at 3.5 weeks. from the first picture its alot of change. George is up front looking down. Houdini is in the back. rose is being curious. And heres houdini at 5 weeks, Here they all are at 6.5 weeks. Houdini on the left, george up front and rose on the right. see how much color they gained in just 6 weeks? it suprised me, but they are our first peas. and here they are currently - 12 weeks. Houdini George then Rose. Here's Houdini now at 20 weeks/5months. He got soooo big! Still mostly white, but more color than a silver pied i think. on the other side his wings are more white. and here's a different angle on houdini at 5 months. And here's all three at 5 months. It's hard to get a good pict of all three together now. Houdini's up front Rose on the left and George right. That's all :)
Very nice I prefer the peacocks with more blue colour but he is nice just the same

Question.. where did the info come from that said the percentage of color is limited on Silver pieds ? thanks connerhills

The chick with lot of white is definitely a silver pied as I see it. A silver pied chick gets one white and one White eye (w/e ) gene from one parent , from the other parent one pied and one w/e gene. Extent of green varies bet 5-10 % , I think.

Yeah we would love to see current photos of your pretty peas!
pop.gif

Yes I have noted that . I have seen all of Brads birds a number of times and that gets to be an iffy call at some point.. Also he called it a pattern mutation just like other mutations , Thanks connerhills

I hate talking about breeders that don't post here but I'll throw this out there. I have some of Brads birds. While his page referenced above seems to indicate that there is no difference between pied white eye and silver pied, I have a quad that was sold to me as cameo pied white eye and NOT silver pied. The saddle is not particularly silver but does not look normal either. I would also point out that his for sale pages lists both pied white eye birds and silver pied birds. I would not think this is an oversight but I don't know. We might be mis-interpreting his silver pied page, maybe not.

I do believe that white, pied, white eye and possibly silver pied are pattern genes, not colors.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom