piercings and tattoos for them or against them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my nose pierced last fall, but it got infected and I had to let it close. VERY sad, I loved it.

I have tattoos but I made sure as a teen to put them in places that could be covered for work purposes. But, I work in social services and many have visible tattoo's here, I usually wear flip-flops so my foot one shows daily. Many here have nose piercings and I have been known to come to work with several different colors of hair. Never been an issue. As longa s it's never taken overboard and we still conduct ourselves professionally they don't say anything.

To each his own. My kids know that mom has tattoos, dad doesnt like them, and they dont get to have one till they are old enough to legally get it themself cause I'm not taking them in for something at 16.

Quote:
EXACTLY!!! we have cops around here with tattoos doctors with full sleeves and nurses with tat's up their arm. they all do a great job.

to pass judgement or not hire someone cause of a piercing or tattoo is discrimination. they do not hinder people from doing work. they are personal decorations.

lets stop living in the 1920's folk
lol.png

There are some people with tattoos and such that could be hard workers, but at school, it is just the opposite with teenage kids. Most of them with colored hair, piercingss, tatoos, they are the ones that often fail at school. Piercings and tatoos violate your body it seems, as I am in firm belief that one should not hurt their body in any way, but take care of it, and tatoos, etc., seem to violate that belief.

Quote:
educated people shouldn't make generalizations, your comment is like saying all blonds are dumb.

good thing about this world is we are all different. with different belief systems.

TRY TO SEE ALL HUMANS AS EQUAL CAUSE WE ARE ALL THE SAME. DONT MAKE HOLLOW GENERALIZATIONS BECAUSE OF NARROW MINDED BELIEFS

Last edited:
Quote:
I don't totally agree, because there are some that are really good students who look like that... but yes a good portion of that "look" are bad students... its not the tattoos or the piercings that are making them bad students, its many other things in their lives like home life, mental health, etc that make them a bad student. The "look" just does seem to prevail with that group which gives tats and piercings a bad rap.

Quote:
I don't totally agree, because there are some that are really good students who look like that... but yes a good portion of that "look" are bad students... its not the tattoos or the piercings that are making them bad students, its many other things in their lives like home life, mental health, etc that make them a bad student. The "look" just does seem to prevail with that group which gives tats and piercings a bad rap.

thumbsup.gif
good call. a few bad apples can ruin the bunch

Quote:
I can't help but respectfully disagree with that. I don't approve of tattoos and body piercings for teenagers that aren't of the age to get one for themselves (mostly because I don't think they've had time to think of the ramifications or what they really want the decoration for)...but I tutor a lot of students lately who at least have piercings. They have really high GPA's and they're tutoring with me to get a higher score than a 30 on their ACTs.

Besides, tattoos and piercings have been a part of other cultures for years. They're sometimes even a feature in a coming-of-age tradition, and these are hardworking and industrious cultures. It's the nature of the upbringing of the teenagers that get these piercings and tattoos in our society than anything that dictate how they're going to behave. The ones that do the tattoos and piercings and drop out do it as an act of rebellion instead of as something that they want for themselves. That's where the social stigmas kick in.

Last edited:
Quote:

I got into them from a home life that kills people. But I wasn't a bad student at all, I knew I had to be a good student to get out of what I was in. For me, it was pierce or kill myself. My biological material donors would have rathered I do the second. Which was enough for me to pierce my ears like mad, no matter how tempting it was some days/weeks/months/years to just kill myself and get out of hell that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom