Pig question

RubberChickenLubber

Songster
12 Years
Oct 19, 2007
Newton, NC
We have a 24x20 ft area in the woods fenced with cattle fence, it has electric fence ran 6 inches high on the inside (it housed 2 st bernards that were diggers, and had to put the electric fence in to keep them in). It has a wooden dog house big enough for 3-4 saint bernards, and has constant shade. Would this be adequate for a pig. We want to get one and didn't think we had a place for one, and then I just remembered this. It's about 50 feet from the house.

Yes, it is.
You will probably have to rake up the poop once a week to keep the smell down since it is close to the house. That isn't a bad job, a pig will generally do it's business in one area.

Pigs are very intelligent animals.

Jean

I agree that it sounds like a grand place for a pig. Just keep in mind that pigs are hard on things and you may not have much of a doghouse left in the end.

Quote:
I don't think the pig would do too much damage to the doghouse. It is built to withstand a "huricane". It's so solid and heavy. It's also on the outside of the run. The fence was run to the sides of the front of the doghouse so it wouldn't take up room from the run.

Thanks all

Mine always pick close to the water to do their business, I think they do it to aggravate me!!
tongue.png

Get a pig watering nipple and run a water line to this pen. Don't put it close to a gate or the doghouse!!

Jean

Back
Top Bottom