Pigeon breed?

chickens563

Hatching
Jun 28, 2016
Massachusetts
I have two pigeons, that were my brothers but now I have taken them in. I am honestly unsure of the pigeon breed though, and my brother doesn't remember what the pigeon breeder told him when he got them.

If anyone could help me identify the breed I would greatly appreciate it. For some reason, the back yard chickens app doesn't let me add pictures for some reason so I'll just describe the birds.

They are all white, with only a few black tail feathers. The female Pigeon has less black tail feathers than the mall, and hers seem to be a grey color not so much black. The male does a lot of defined black tail feathers. They have head crests, and fur on their feet. Their beek is medium size, and also pink. Their eye color looks brown, but the circle around the eye looks to be a peach color. Their feet are pink and their tail feathers aren't big like fantails but they aren't thin and small either.

Also, my brother paid $50 for each bird. They are considered fancy pigeons. Im new to this whole pigeon thing, so any help is greatly appreciated.

I have two pigeons, that were my brothers but now I have taken them in. I am honestly unsure of the pigeon breed though, and my brother doesn't remember what the pigeon breeder told him when he got them.

If anyone could help me identify the breed I would greatly appreciate it. For some reason, the back yard chickens app doesn't let me add pictures for some reason so I'll just describe the birds.

They are all white, with only a few black tail feathers. The female Pigeon has less black tail feathers than the mall, and hers seem to be a grey color not so much black. The male does a lot of defined black tail feathers. They have head crests, and fur on their feet. Their beek is medium size, and also pink. Their eye color looks brown, but the circle around the eye looks to be a peach color. Their feet are pink and their tail feathers aren't big like fantails but they aren't thin and small either.

Also, my brother paid $50 for each bird. They are considered fancy pigeons. Im new to this whole pigeon thing, so any help is greatly appreciated.
There are really a lot of breeds they could be with that description... They could be trumpeters if they have heavily feathered feet, or maybe Oriental Frill/Owl type pigeons, or some kind of tumbler, or some kind of monk... those are the ones that come ti mind at least.

Back
Top Bottom