Pigeon Catching

Yes, that’s where I found the original fancier. Every other ad is selling pairs or multiple, but not singles, and I’m not sure I have the space for more than two to comfortably live in my aviary.

Yes, that’s where I found the original fancier. Every other ad is selling pairs or multiple, but not singles, and I’m not sure I have the space for more than two to comfortably live in my aviary.
Do you have photos of your aviary? if you contacted the sellers selling pairs only, and explained what happened, I bet they would sell you a single. They are just making sure that it won't be a lonesome pigeon when they sell them.

That’s probably right. I’m going to contact my last pigeon fancier and see if I can get some more. Should I get more than one? What genders should I get? I already have a female and it’s questionable that the male will return. The aviary is five feet wide, eight feet high and about twelve feet long. I’ll post pictures soon. Thanks-

That’s probably right. I’m going to contact my last pigeon fancier and see if I can get some more. Should I get more than one? What genders should I get? I already have a female and it’s questionable that the male will return. The aviary is five feet wide, eight feet high and about twelve feet long. I’ll post pictures soon. Thanks-
That's huge!! Nice aviary! You could easily house eight or so. Its up to you, but they do enjoy flocks.

Thank you! Do you think an even number is better than an odd number of birds? I know they mate for life unless separated, but can they bond with flock mates and be content without a mate if there’s an odd number?

Thank you! Do you think an even number is better than an odd number of birds? I know they mate for life unless separated, but can they bond with flock mates and be content without a mate if there’s an odd number?
It really depends. The flock rarely will be stable. One will escape, one will die. Some will hatch and raise eggs, etc. How many do you want to have eventually? Do you want to free fly or breed?

I had a similar problem, after 2 days of waiting I ended up waiting for dusk, grabbing a 6' fishing net out of my boat, climbing on top of my roof carefully with flashlight & a cooler, & netting them one by one (5 total). Good Luck, very frustrating. Hah...

Attachments

• IMG_0147.JPG
    IMG_0147.JPG
    486.2 KB · Views: 14
I had a similar problem, after 2 days of waiting I ended up waiting for dusk, grabbing a 6' fishing net out of my boat, climbing on top of my roof carefully with flashlight & a cooler, & netting them one by one (5 total). Good Luck, very frustrating. Hah...
Stunning white birds!! Please, please be extra careful on the roof!

No sign of him. I am going to buy two more pigeons this weekend. I will post pictures here. Any specific breed recommendations? My fancier has almost every breed it seems. I plan on just keeping them as pets in the aviary, MAYBE hatch one or two babies.

Back
Top Bottom