Pigeon hen late on laying

Okay. Can you tell me ANY more symptoms? All I know now is she isn't laying, and she has watery droppings.

What supplements\minerals are you giving? Are any of your other birds acting strange? Do you have any generic treatments for pigeons?

@biophiliac .
@casportpony

Okay. Can you tell me ANY more symptoms? All I know now is she isn't laying, and she has watery droppings.

What supplements\minerals are you giving? Are any of your other birds acting strange? Do you have any generic treatments for pigeons?

@biophiliac .
@casportpony
Can you tell me ANY more symptoms?
Very fluffed near the vent
Keeps her tail bent down
Massive contractions
And thats it
Shes acting like a normal pigeon
Eating like normal
Flying like normal
Always with her pair
Cleaning eatch other
Building at the nest
Etc

What supplements\minerals are you giving?
Good quality grit

Are any of your other birds acting strange?
Nope
All my other birds are on eggs

Do you have any generic treatments for pigeons?
Nope
I like to keep my pigeons strong with dieses so i keep the strong ones and sell the ones that get very fast dieseses
Only if they get a very bad diesese i will treat them but hopefully till now not had any
Only for lice and mites

I like to keep my pigeons strong with dieses so i keep the strong ones and sell the ones that get very fast dieseses
Only if they get a very bad diesese i will treat them but hpefully till now not had any
Only for lice and mites
I like to breed for health as well.

If you are letting the strongest birds live, just let this one get over it on its own. It might, it might not. I'm sorry I cant help you more.

do you clean your coops often? I recommend scraping perches, boxes, and shelves daily. and the floor if its bare wood. Otherwise your birds will get sick. You cant expect them to stay healthy if you don't give them healthy conditions to live in. If they have clean quarters, and they do get sick, don't treat them unless absolutely necessary. BUT, treatment is necessary sometimes!

I like to breed for health as well.

If you are letting the strongest birds live, just let this one get over it on its own. It might, it might not. I'm sorry I cant help you more.

do you clean your coops often? I recommend scraping perches, boxes, and shelves daily. and the floor if its bare wood. Otherwise your birds will get sick. You cant expect them to stay healthy if you don't give them healthy conditions to live in. If they have clean quarters, and they do get sick, don't treat them unless absolutely necessary. BUT, treatment is necessary sometimes!
If you are letting the strongest birds live, just let this one get over it on its own. It might, it might not.
I live the stongest one live when they contact a dieses
Egg bound can happend to the strongest pigeon
I dont let natural selection in my loft
If any pigeon gets a dieses and the others not i treat him and them sell him
I will try soaking her in some warm water maybe if she has any bound egg it will push it out
Or i will get to find a vet but as much as i know there isnt any avian vet near me

I'm sorry I cant help you more.
Its just fine
You helped me as much more than i would think i will get

do you clean your coops often?
Sure do

do you clean your coops often?
Yes, I do. I think it's the best for me and the birds.

I'd love to see some photos of your pigeons and loft.

Here are some of mine:
IMG_20200427_142215.jpg
IMG_20200608_133759.jpg
IMG_20200721_142219.jpg
IMG_20191211_150852.jpg
IMG_20200721_142012.jpg
IMG_20200608_133600.jpg
IMG_20200427_142516.jpg
IMG_20200608_132533.jpg
IMG_20200721_142053.jpg
IMG_20200430_162709.jpg

I selled almost all my pigeons recently cause i had some money isuess
That how i keeped them
I only keeped my favorite pair witch are a romanian breed of homers
They are basically homers but bigger
If you want pictures with them and this pair of homers we talk about?

Also
Those are some good looking homers
Thats how i think making my new loft
The wanted to end with pigeons cause i couldnt feed them anymore
But i couldnt let go of that pair
The loft i destroyd and i still keep them in a breeding cage
When i build a new one i think on doing one like yours but with cement as the floor and put some beding on the floor
Any idea?

Back
Top Bottom