Pigeon hen late on laying

Mihai

Crowing
Jan 1, 2020
Singureni, Romania
So i have a homer pair that i bought 3 weeks and and the hen needed to lay 3 days ago(some of you know it)
Shes acting strange from 5 days ago
She stopped staying in the nest and also he stopped calling her there
Since then they keep building at the nest with straws even if they have nest pad
Just 2 questions
Why is she late on laying? Why is she acting strange?

What do you mean by late? There really isn't a set time when they will lay. We can guess, but they know more than we do.

How is she acting strange? We need more info.

I hope this helps!

Last edited:
I mean late on the fact that they breed 14 days ago and i know they lay in 10 days after they breed
Okay. Well, ten days is a guess. But mine will take up to 20 days.

If she is acting like she is trying to lay an egg, but cant, she might be egg bound. I would highly recommend you doing your own research, as I don't feel authorized to give recommendations to tell you how to treat this.

What do it mean by late? There really isn't a set time when they will lay. We can guess, but they know more than we do.

How is she acting strange? We need more info.

I hope this helps!
What do it mean by late?
I mean late on the fact that they breed 14 days ago and i know they lay in 10 days after they breed
How is she acting strange?
Shes having massive contractions but not staying in the nest to lay

So i have someting to say and you need to answer me if it can still be egg bound
When i search her for egg bound i dont fill any egg inside
It can still be?
Probably not then. I need ALL of her symptoms. what are her droppings like? Do you treat for worms? What do you feed? What is the temperature where you are?

I like to keep my pigeons strong with dieses so i keep the strong ones and sell the ones that get very fast dieseses
Only if they get a very bad diesese i will treat them but hpefully till now not had any
Only for lice and mites
I like to breed for health as well.

If you are letting the strongest birds live, just let this one get over it on its own. It might, it might not. I'm sorry I cant help you more.

do you clean your coops often? I recommend scraping perches, boxes, and shelves daily. and the floor if its bare wood. Otherwise your birds will get sick. You cant expect them to stay healthy if you don't give them healthy conditions to live in. If they have clean quarters, and they do get sick, don't treat them unless absolutely necessary. BUT, treatment is necessary sometimes!

Okay. Well, ten days is a guess. But mine will take up to 20 days.

If she is acting like she is trying to lay an egg, but cant, she might be egg bound. I would highly recommend you doing your own research, as I don't feel authorized to give recommendations to tell you how to treat this.
Yes
Ten days was a guess cause that's the time my hens take to lay
So i can wait as much as 20 days
On my own research i dont find any stuck egg or bound
You don't need to be authorized
Tell me what you think

Back
Top Bottom