pigeon mating question

Make sure you have two birds of the opposite sex. They have to be around 6 months old to breed (giver or take 2 or 3 months).
Supply nesting bowls and material in the loft. Good feed, fresh water and grit (if they are not getting outside much). Oh yes you may have to supply supplemental light this time of year or wait for the first spring rains.

Watching them intently for a few days and if you see this BINGO!!!.
Click on link below:

Last edited:
thank mate but my pigeons sorto fo go around in circles and peck at each other i dont know why
idunno.gif

Sounds like you definitely have males question is do you have any females. Or they maybe too young yet. Post pictures and I will give you my best guess as to their gender. The males are usually (not always) slightly bigger and more iridescent. the one on the right is male of this mated pair.
Hope this helps

i cant put up a picture it wont work for me :( i do have males and females 100 % they circle around the nest and peck on others i dont even now if there mated

sounds like males to me too, but ive had some eastern breed mixes that were just really hormonal and even extreamely aggressive hens, till finally settled into breeding after over year or more even. goodluck! provide each bird with a nest to see what they do, i currently have my best parlor male by himself, while the two other males have two hens each.. so who knows.

Just keep watching them and look for treading (as depicted in my link on a previous post). If you do not want to force them to mate by adding extra light my guess is you will just have to be patient until the first spring rains.

can 1 male have more than 1 female thanks allot hokum coco you answers nearly all my questions and thank you laughing dog for the helpful tip

Yes, they can. What usually happens one set of eggs hatch and the other set of eggs usually do not. If this happens to you private message me and I will tell you what to do to have the best outcome. It is rare and not a common occurrence in my experience.

Last edited:
well my discourged poly family pigeon groups seem to be breeding fertile babies. so id guess one cock with more than one or two hens can do the job, but not so great maybe for the babies who wont get as much attention as needed, so i fostered my parlor tumbler eggs to other pairs for now.

Back
Top Bottom