Pigeon sitting on THREE eggs...

Raceing Homers , Homers All The Same Bird . Spring Hill Fl. Is One Of The Largest Raceing Homer Areas In The U.s. .are You Close . Go To Npausa.com They Have The A.u. Club Site For Raceing Homers.there You Can Get Info On Local Birds And There Owners

I have had hens lay three eggs in a clutch. If you get four though, it is near 100% chance it is two females. Good luck finding some new males for your girls! Be sure to post some pictures!

I have a pair who, just this Spring laid 3 eggs (they're a definite boy/girl pair). I DID however remove the third egg and 'foster' it under another pair. I've been told that for a pair to raise more than 2 is a bit of a strain and may affect the overall health & performance of all 3 birds.

Good to know. I'll be trading the one we thought was a boy for a 'real' boy on Saturday - I think it would just be too complicated to try and separate them enough to get them each to bond with a new male if there is a chance that they can see/ hear eachother. I have a large back yard, but I'm not on a big farm where there are lots of places I could keep them separate. I feel bad about it, but they are working much to hard at setting on eggs that will never hatch.

Followup on my last post.

All 3 of the eggs - from the same pair - hatched and are looking good. The first 2 are about 2 weeks old and the 3rd egg (fostered under another pair) just hatched last week... will band within a day or two. Kind of cool to have 3 birds in the first round from one of my best pairs!

Thanks Lord for everyday blessings!

Back
Top Bottom