Pigeon Talk

The blue flecks should be visible now but likely to become more prominent with each molt. They just indicate your ash red cock carries the blue allele also and will pass on red or blue color to offspring, 50/50.
If a male is homozygous for red he will not have flecks. A red hen won't have flecks either because she only carries one color allele. The neat thing about a red hen is you can sex the babies by color if you pair her with a blue/black or brown cock.
This is good to know, Thankyou for the info!!! I do know that their mother was a blue bar, so I assume they will carry that but I still have a lot I’m learning!!

Edit: After looking at flecking I believe I have one cock and a hen with a white flight! And I love white flights!!!

Last edited:
Here is a better picture of the ash reds. Also quick question, could I apply a fine sprinkle of lime on the loft floor? Or would it not be good for e pigeons

Attachments

• ACCFBD13-AC7D-43D7-8032-5A678AC0A5D7.jpeg
    ACCFBD13-AC7D-43D7-8032-5A678AC0A5D7.jpeg
    740.6 KB · Views: 7
So, I'm researching respiratory meds... I hate spending $30 on pigeon meds that gets me one treatment for my three coops, when I can go to Wal-Mart and buy it for Dogs for only $5. What should I do? I have rarely been satisfied with pigeon meds, as they dilute it so much that I burn right they it. Any thoughts? I do think it's respitory.....

So, I'm researching respiratory meds... I hate spending $30 on pigeon meds that gets me one treatment for my three coops, when I can go to Wal-Mart and buy it for Dogs for only $5. What should I do? I have rarely been satisfied with pigeon meds, as they dilute it so much that I burn right they it. Any thoughts? I do think it's respitory.....
@casportpony ?

Is there a possibility they can shake it on their own :idunno
I know you do good research on different things including meds. I would also opt for the dog meds diluted. The same medicine for a specialized breed of pet always will bring in more cash to the sellers. Possibly because it is specifically dosage.

Is there a possibility they can shake it on their own :idunno
I know you do good research on different things including meds. I would also opt for the dog meds diluted. The same medicine for a specialized breed of pet always will bring in more cash to the sellers. Possibly because it is specifically dosage.
Maybe, but they haven't in the several months they had and it. I was trying to let them treat themsleves, but it's not working.

and the annoying part is, you can never find the ingredients online. If I could, I would compare it to a dog medicine and do the math to get the right dosage. :idunno

obviously I wouldn't go treat all 50 birds at once. I would try it in my flyers before my breeders.

Back
Top Bottom