Pigeon Talk

2 of my baby pigeons(23 days old) necks have twisted what should I do?
Both paratyphoid(salmonella) and paramyxovirus can have twisted neck as a symptom.
https://poultryhealthcentre.com/pigeon-paratyphoid/
To control salmonella extreme loft hygiene and antibiotic meds are used. Babies and young birds are more vulnerable to the infection. Adult birds can be carriers and pass it on to their babies and flock mates.
I'm no expert - just repeating what I have found online.
:fl Hoping your babies recover.

I bought a new pigeon today but then realize that his poo look like this

D8178F02-53ED-4299-A8CB-8097DD5F1F64.jpeg

Is there anything wrong with the poo?
Should I be worried?

Drinking on there own but not eating on there own
Look inside their mouth and see if you observe any yellowish patches/lesions. Are their crops empty?
If you want to feed them, get a pack of frozen sweet green peas. Thaw them in hot water and feed them warmish like baby formula. Feed them by opening the beak and placing the pea in back of throat, then close beak for bird to swallow. About 30 peas per bird per feed.

Look inside their mouth and see if you observe any yellowish patches/lesions. Are their crops empty?
If you want to feed them, get a pack of frozen sweet green peas. Thaw them in hot water and feed them warmish like baby formula. Feed them by opening the beak and placing the pea in back of throat, then close beak for bird to swallow. About 30 peas per bird per feed.
Parents abandoned them, so they had not eaten for 1day. They got sick after being abandoned. I have been giving them chickpeas and cerelac

Back
Top Bottom