Pigeon Talk

Sorry, IDK , that's why I tagged Pxyis. I guess in an emergency you use what you have. I do not know if that AB is effective against Salmonella.
Ok thanks, I will wait for Pxyis to reply. It says it treats Salmonella
9E1AD2DA-E3D7-464B-A406-C59692AB2A8F.jpeg

38089.jpeg

I found someone selling some Arabian trumpeter pigeons and they sent me this picture of the birds. I am going to get 4 or 5 from them and hope for 2 pairs. I heard with rollers some birds can be sexed with what patterns and colors they are showing does anyone know if any of the birds in this picture would be male or female? I like the light grey ones with buff heads but I dont want to come home with 5 of those and then get told they are all definitely males.

View attachment 2474702
I found someone selling some Arabian trumpeter pigeons and they sent me this picture of the birds. I am going to get 4 or 5 from them and hope for 2 pairs. I heard with rollers some birds can be sexed with what patterns and colors they are showing does anyone know if any of the birds in this picture would be male or female? I like the light grey ones with buff heads but I dont want to come home with 5 of those and then get told they are all definitely males.
No way to tell by color, but a seasoned pigeon fancier has a sixth sense when it comes to sexing birds. You got this! :highfive:

Look inside their mouth and see if you observe any yellowish patches/lesions. Are their crops empty?
If you want to feed them, get a pack of frozen sweet green peas. Thaw them in hot water and feed them warmish like baby formula. Feed them by opening the beak and placing the pea in back of throat, then close beak for bird to swallow. About 30 peas per bird per feed.
Thanks a lot. Could you tell me how much water to give them?

Back
Top Bottom