Pigeon Talk

Don't tell me this is your preference. :old :idunno
No, this is my preference:
images.jpeg

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...hUKEwiWkuiKkMDuAhVDVs0KHabiAC4QrQMwAHoECAMQAQ

Well one thing led to another and we are selling our house to move somewhere with more space for the kids and animals. Worst part is I didn’t think about how awful moving all of the animals would be in the winter. Stripped the back aviary off of the loft and now debating on how to get it down the hill so it can be moved to the new house. Man this is the only time I wish I had gone smaller...

Well one thing led to another and we are selling our house to move somewhere with more space for the kids and animals. Worst part is I didn’t think about how awful moving all of the animals would be in the winter. Stripped the back aviary off of the loft and now debating on how to get it down the hill so it can be moved to the new house. Man this is the only time I wish I had gone smaller...

Good luck with the move. Tough thing anytime and far tougher this time of year. Are you moving any distance ?

I'm back from the show!

It was an amazing show. There were probably 1,000 birds, with the probably 15 breeds. Portuguese Tumblers were the second largest breed entry, with 120 birds! That's the second largest entry number for ports ever! they are really gaining popularity.

The judging system went YH, YC, OH, OC, then the highest scoring birds against each other.

I had a YH, YC, OH being shown. So I put up my young hen, and out of the 40+ Young hens up there, the judge grabbed mine first and put it WAY to the side... I thought "Oh boy! There's some major faults in that bird!" remember, this is first time showing and I was kinda confused the whole time!

Well, time kept going on, and I noticed that the judge kept moving birds over to mine, and they were all very similar looking, while the other ones varied so much.

So, I continued watching and I find ally realized, my bird is doing alright! So, the judge picked the top three young hens and my red check hen was a 94, and in 3rd place. :celebratethe judge said it's main fault was it was to relaxed. It didn't show itself very well.

Next up were Young Cocks. Same thing happened. Mine was one of the first grabbed, and it kept making the "cuts". Well, it KEPT making the " cuts". I ended up getting 1st place out of around 35 young cocks. It scored a 96 (the scoring goes up to 100, but the best bird ever scored was a 98). :thumbsup:celebrate

And then the old Hens... Lets not go there... Mine was grabbed pretty quickly, and moved way to the OTHER side that my other birds were moved to.. It scored at 92. :oops::gig

And then they put up all the 96 birds. My little male was tired, but was looking good! There were five birds up there. And after a long time of switching birds, holding birds, and moving birds, mine was in the second hole. It got 2nd place out of 120 ports! I was SO proud of my little port.

before all this happened, I also was bidding on some silent auction Ports, and I ended up getting out bid on two birds. I couldn't justify paying $50 for a 4 ounce bird. :idunno

Well, the winner of the two birds I wanted ended up paying for them and giving them to ME! :eek::hugs:love

I think he wanted to help a youth get started. But then when I won 2nd place, he said he wouldn't help me anymore, and that I should have told him I had a "doggone champion". :D

For winning 2nd place and champion out of the juniors, I left with two trophies and $150 (feed money ;) )...

It was a GREAT show!

I didn't get many photos of the other breeds sadly, as I was busy showing, cleaning, feeding, watering and moving my birds! Oh, and bidding.

16121436426952028596471925071118.jpg

I'm back from the show!

It was an amazing show. There were probably 1,000 birds, with the probably 15 breeds. Portuguese Tumblers were the second largest breed entry, with 120 birds! That's the second largest entry number for ports ever! they are really gaining popularity.

The judging system went YH, YC, OH, OC, then the highest scoring birds against each other.

I had a YH, YC, OH being shown. So I put up my young hen, and out of the 40+ Young hens up there, the judge grabbed mine first and put it WAY to the side... I thought "Oh boy! There's some major faults in that bird!" remember, this is first time showing and I was kinda confused the whole time!

Well, time kept going on, and I noticed that the judge kept moving birds over to mine, and they were all very similar looking, while the other ones varied so much.

So, I continued watching and I find ally realized, my bird is doing alright! So, the judge picked the top three young hens and my red check hen was a 94, and in 3rd place. :celebratethe judge said it's main fault was it was to relaxed. It didn't show itself very well.

Next up were Young Cocks. Same thing happened. Mine was one of the first grabbed, and it kept making the "cuts". Well, it KEPT making the " cuts". I ended up getting 1st place out of around 35 young cocks. It scored a 96 (the scoring goes up to 100, but the best bird ever scored was a 98). :thumbsup:celebrate

And then the old Hens... Lets not go there... Mine was grabbed pretty quickly, and moved way to the OTHER side that my other birds were moved to.. It scored at 92. :oops::gig

And then they put up all the 96 birds. My little male was tired, but was looking good! There were five birds up there. And after a long time of switching birds, holding birds, and moving birds, mine was in the second hole. It got 2nd place out of 120 ports! I was SO proud of my little port.

before all this happened, I also was bidding on some silent auction Ports, and I ended up getting out bid on two birds. I couldn't justify paying $50 for a 4 ounce bird. :idunno

Well, the winner of the two birds I wanted ended up paying for them and giving them to ME! :eek::hugs:love

I think he wanted to help a youth get started. But then when I won 2nd place, he said he wouldn't help me anymore, and that I should have told him I had a "doggone champion". :D

For winning 2nd place and champion out of the juniors, I left with two trophies and $150 (feed money ;) )...

It was a GREAT show!

I didn't get many photos of the other breeds sadly, as I was busy showing, cleaning, feeding, watering and moving my birds! Oh, and bidding.

View attachment 2510980
So proud of you and the wins you achieved! Glad you enjoyed yourself. Let's ee some pics of the new ports when you get a chance.

Back
Top Bottom