Pigeon throwing up and lethargic

Hens do sometimes get weird droppings before laying (it doesn't really look like she passed any digested food... looked like mostly water), and the droopy wings almost always happens before laying. The vomiting wouldn't be related though. It's possible that she ate a bad seed or something and just needed to get it out. Is the grit that she has a calcium grit? Make sure she has calcium if she is laying because they can get a kind of paralysis in the legs if they don't have enough calcium. Keep an eye on her and make sure she is eating and pooping normally, and hopefully all will be well. :thumbsup

Hens do sometimes get weird droppings before laying (it doesn't really look like she passed any digested food... looked like mostly water), and the droopy wings almost always happens before laying. The vomiting wouldn't be related though. It's possible that she ate a bad seed or something and just needed to get it out. Is the grit that she has a calcium grit? Make sure she has calcium if she is laying because they can get a kind of paralysis in the legs if they don't have enough calcium. Keep an eye on her and make sure she is eating and pooping normally, and hopefully all will be well. :thumbsup
I don't think she ate much while I was away at work. Her food dish was about the same. Though she was starting to eat when I got home. I'll have a look at her droppings tomorrow and see if they've changed at all. Yes, her grit is a high calcium grit! She's actually never had an issue with laying eggs before today. The egg also had like...a semi-rough texture to it? Not anything extreme, but definitely different from a normal egg. Normal size and all that. No deformities on the egg. Just rougher.
I'm hoping she'll be back to her old self soon. She certainly seemed a lot better earlier, and had her little attitude back lol.

I don't think she ate much while I was away at work. Her food dish was about the same. Though she was starting to eat when I got home. I'll have a look at her droppings tomorrow and see if they've changed at all. Yes, her grit is a high calcium grit! She's actually never had an issue with laying eggs before today. The egg also had like...a semi-rough texture to it? Not anything extreme, but definitely different from a normal egg. Normal size and all that. No deformities on the egg. Just rougher.
I'm hoping she'll be back to her old self soon. She certainly seemed a lot better earlier, and had her little attitude back lol.
Yeah, rough eggs can happen from time to time. Even if they are getting enough calcium it can happen... don't know why but it does. I would imagine it's not as easy or pleasant to pass one of those, so it could explain why she wasn't feeling her chipper self. Any updates on her?

Yeah, rough eggs can happen from time to time. Even if they are getting enough calcium it can happen... don't know why but it does. I would imagine it's not as easy or pleasant to pass one of those, so it could explain why she wasn't feeling her chipper self. Any updates on her?
Yeah I can definitely see why she wouldn't have been feeling great if she was passing that. Can't imagine it felt very good! She actually laid her other egg a bit earlier, and it was a normal egg. No roughness to note. She has her appetite back, her poo is normal, and she seems to be back to normal like nothing ever happened. She sure had me scared! But I'm glad to see her back to her sassy self :)

Back
Top Bottom