Pigeons and doves!

You can. Most people with small amounts of pigeons tend to get a male and female, though, because they’re more likely to become a pair (though two females may pair up as well). If you don’t want babies you can always switch their eggs for fake ones.
Thank you! I will switch out eggs with fake ones.

I’m not sure. I’d assume if there’s an easy way to get out of it it shouldn’t be a problem. However, be careful about keeping pigeons with other birds. I had a really timid bantam pullet try to attack my male pigeon.
I will be keeping them together. If it doesn´t work out I will re home them. I would have many perches for them! :)

Thank you. I will try and see how it goes. Do you have any breed recommendations? :)
I don’t have much experience with more than one breed so far. But, if you’re looking to adopt them, kings and homers are the most commonly available rescue pigeons. I have a roller, and, from reading about other pet rollers, they’re generally small but feisty. At least, that’s how mine is. :lol:

I don’t have much experience with more than one breed so far. But, if you’re looking to adopt them, kings and homers are the most commonly available rescue pigeons. I have a roller, and, from reading about other pet rollers, they’re generally small but feisty. At least, that’s how mine is. :lol:
Rescue pigeons? :)

Haha! They sound sweet and spicy!

Rescue pigeons? :)

Haha! They sound sweet and spicy!
Oh, I thought you knew about them since you mentioned adopting. There are plenty of rescue pigeons, but it can be hard to find them, since shelters usually just euthanize them instead of try to find homes for them. However, there are a few organizations that only take in pigeons and/or other similar birds that you may be able to find.
Can you free fly pigeons if you live in a neighborhood?
I do, and it didn’t work out. The thing is, pigeons won’t just stay in your yard. Cars, dogs, and cats definitely pose a big risk to them in a neighborhood.

Back
Top Bottom