pigeons not laying!?!

No chicken and pigeons are separated and the pigeons I have had them for a year and laid eggs 7 months ago and the tablets were labeled for birds. Sorry if I'm not making any since. My last flock of pigeons laid fine and stuff but these are not and I always treat them as my old ones and the poison is not in the coop outside it

ok first calcium tablets are to help egg shell harder and if the hen depletes it by laying eggs she will be unable to move right after laying you can give human tablets and not have to buy from a vet if you had a rat problem you still do they will stop eating poison so you will have to start trapping them and take away there food soarce clean up all spilled feed and feed what they will clean up in about thirty minutes keep feed in containers that rats cannt get into if you fed a lot of corn they maybe to fat or have illness if you have one pair you know are a pair separate them put in coop by them selves see what happens then are these bought birds still don't understand that

I can not understand either.

Here is what I think is happening...

1.. They are all males.

2. Something is eating the eggs (probably rats).

There is no other reason I can think of that the birds are not laying eggs. It can happen with disease, like Salmonella, where the females reproductive organs are damaged, but this is highly unlikely to have affected all your female birds!

The OP also said the birds are not even making nests or using the nest boxes. That is weird too. Even all males will pair up and make nests and mate.

Something is very wrong. Perhaps the diet? Maybe they are starving or are not getting the correct nutrients they need? Maybe they are sererly infected with parasites which are sapping they strength so they are not coming into breeding condition?

My advise.

Worm them.

Treat them and the coop for external parasites.

If the poops are runny or not normal... treat them for coccidiosis.

Make sure they are getting a proper diet.. pigeon mix, minerals, vitamins and grit. Fresh water every day.

If still no eggs and they are all plump and healthy looking and acting... presume they are all males and sell some and get females!

No they are not males as I said they laid once 7 months ago and none after that and the eggs hatched but u sold them and the poo looks normal as always and I always clean the water and not every day do I feed them corn I give them pigeon mix and grits the males will stay nest boxes and call the females but they don't want to nest they have materials for nesting and I worked them last month and I get rid of parasites ever 2 weeks

Last edited:
Sounds like you are taking really good care of them and doing everything right.

Can I ask what you are using to treat the birds for parasites very 2 weeks? And what parasites do they have / had to be treated?

you only have to worm birds twice a year if that so quit worming them I don't know what damage it has done so you may have a bunch of sterile birds only time will tell give them some good pigeon feed don't add anything and health grit moxidectin is a better wormer than ivomec and what I think you are using to put on bird is more than likely a pour on that has ivomectin so you have double the dose and over treated maybe if you can find something for the liver to help it

My female satinette poops very large black soft stuff with white swirlswhen siting on eggs,maybe she has worms?

My female satinette poops very large black soft stuff with white swirlswhen siting on eggs,maybe she has worms?
No.. Its normal for a female pigeon sitting on eggs to hold in her poop so she is not messing up the nest.

When she comes off the nest she will do a couple of huge sloppy poops.. all the saved up stuff!!!

So don't worry.

Back
Top Bottom