Pigeons

anisa

In the Brooder
Jan 10, 2016
ok i have some questions

we have 2 fan tail pigeons

and we have 4 other pigeons not sure what their called

anyway we have a set that we believed were male and female ..we found 2 eggs the bigger of the 2 was the one always sitting on them then abandoned them then a little late we found 4 eggs now this time both sit in at the same time but their are times the bigger of the 2 will sit on all four ... it is possible that their are 2 females ... or can one female lay 4 eggs ... it has been a while since they laid the eggs and now have abandoned these eggs two ..so what do you think

the other set is a male and female she has laid eggs and only one baby lived then died then after a little while she laid 2 more eggs again one hatched and the baby is well and fine till now the other died while trying to hatch .... my husband believed that once their was a baby that by placing a house for them on the back wall of the garden that it would allow them some freedom but they would come back because of the baby they did stay around for a little while and then went off and we havent seen them since my question is will they come back and if not what do we do about the baby

right when the second set male and female came they came with a baby after a while the father was attacking the baby so we had to move it we place it in with the fantails ... the female and this which we believe is a male have now laid eggs and take turn it sitting on them they have just recently laid a second set as the first set was dud now we wait to see if this set is ... the male fantail never mated with the female

we just moved the male fantail in with the set i believe that is 2 females but the bigger one keeps attacking it does this happen where the female does this

please help us

I would probably candle the eggs and throw out any that are dead or not similar ages. Pigeons do best raising only two squabs at a time. It is possible pigeons will share the nest and you can take eggs from one nest and place them with adoptive parents as well, providing they are already nesting or about to nest.

Back
Top Bottom