Pilgrim Geese thread

I hesitate to get too excited too soon but ... it does look like we have some internal pips.
thumbsup.gif

Why would anyone sell straight run autosexing birds? I bet a lot of people end up getting 2 males just so they can get rid of everyone of them during hatching season.
please let me know since my 4 come in May so excited, our poor lonely goosie will have something besides a big wheel to keep him company lol

Hi, and happy easter to the community! I am a little bit anxious and sad about something I saw on my goose. She is fine , she lays an egg every other day but today I noticed that there is some coat missing above her left eye letting the skin to be seen. Please help, what this could possibly be?

Add that the gander is somewhat aggresive recent days!

Last edited:
Hi, and happy easter to the community! I am a little bit anxious and sad about something I saw on my goose. She is fine , she lays an egg every other day but today I noticed that there is some coat missing above her left eye letting the skin to be seen. Please help, what this could possibly be?

Feather loss not from injury could be mites or dehydration. Make sure they have plenty of fresh water & treat for parasites. Ivermectin (cattle pour on) works well for lice, mites & worms. Weigh her if possible. Dosage is .1 ml per pound of bird. Use a syringe without a needle to sprwad the dose a few drops at a time onto the skin under each wing, near the vent & on the back of the neck. Give it a couple hours to fully absorb through her skin before letting her bathe.

Why would anyone sell straight run autosexing birds? I bet a lot of people end up getting 2 males just so they can get rid of everyone of them during hatching season.
please let me know since my 4 come in May so excited, our poor lonely goosie will have something besides a big wheel to keep him company lol

I might be missing something... Let you know what?

If your gander is mating with her they (gander) often grabs their head to help him maintain his balance on top of her. That can lead to some feather loss/scrapes on head/face too.

Oh thank you all so much for your immediate responses!

I had given them both medicines for parasites etc the vet reccomended and they have plenty of clean water!

I am calmer now but I will keep an eye on her.

Thanks again very very much!

Back
Top Bottom