Pilgrim Geese thread

I'm sorry Miss Lidia but just realized that you are in North Carolina which like a lot of the east is primarily acidic soil so sainfoin will likely not do well there but incase you are interested in growing better forage for your geese or other livestock there are a number of alternatives such as birdsfoot trefoil that also contains de-worming tannins. It does not yield so well as sainfoin but still reseeds itself plus it can stand some flooding and drought. Our Pilgrim geese especially enjoy the leaves and our chickens rob seedheads.
Hi, I live in North west Louisiana off Caddo Lake I have a vaired flock and new to this clay/slate soil, burning heat in the summer so hot we have two tomato seasons, even corn has issues here. I grew up in the Midwest and continue growing in the south :) What advice would you give some one in this type of environment for a flock/self sustaining grass/flower? Oh and no farrm equipment but the hands and legs God gave us broke folks seeking knowledge prone to over seeding too? I could really use some help I've been researching but we have such a varied flock and hostile soil, as well as termites and fire ants.... I seek your advice
idunno.gif
if you get a chance
caf.gif

It's not confusing.... it's just very detailed. I'm no more than 25 minutes from any of the cities listed. I can be in Chattanooga in less than 90 minutes. I can hit the North Carolina line in about 2 hours. I am only one county removed from Alabama. And I am 40 minutes from the eastern Atlanta city limits sign. Does that clear it up?
tongue.png

It's not confusing.... it's just very detailed. I'm no more than 25 minutes from any of the cities listed. I can be in Chattanooga in less than 90 minutes. I can hit the North Carolina line in about 2 hours. I am only one county removed from Alabama. And I am 40 minutes from the eastern Atlanta city limits sign. Does that clear it up?
tongue.png
lol.png
And I can see why your tongue would be hanging out if you tried to do it all in one day.

Here's the group, and some hatchery choice ducks that grew up with them.

And the groups with self-proclaimed I'm-not-a-sheep-I'm-a-Goose, PoPo.

PoPo is so much a part of the goose flock I'm building a stall for her in the new goose shed, with a door that opens to *her* side of the gate, i.e. not towards the poultry/waterfowl feed! 3 of the Pilgrims, the 3 ducks, and PoPo all grew up in the living room last spring, what can I do? Tho' I drew the line at giving her her own TV. She did like to watch tho'! : )

Isn't Iowa photogenic in Dec, when it's 50 degrees out? But I'll take it! Definitely still have plenty to do before things turn white to stay.

Here's the group, and some hatchery choice ducks that grew up with them.

And the groups with self-proclaimed I'm-not-a-sheep-I'm-a-Goose, PoPo.

PoPo is so much a part of the goose flock I'm building a stall for her in the new goose shed, with a door that opens to *her* side of the gate, i.e. not towards the poultry/waterfowl feed! 3 of the Pilgrims, the 3 ducks, and PoPo all grew up in the living room last spring, what can I do? Tho' I drew the line at giving her her own TV. She did like to watch tho'! : )

Isn't Iowa photogenic in Dec, when it's 50 degrees out? But I'll take it! Definitely still have plenty to do before things turn white to stay.
They are all beautiful even PoPo how cute that she thinks she is a goose. and that the geese and ducks like each other, my geese only like each other.
hmm.png
50* sounds nice it's suppose to get that high here tomorrow. sure look forward to it they all might get to have their pool.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom