Pilgrim goose sexing question

barnwife

Songster
10 Years
Feb 21, 2009
central Texas
i know Pilgrim geese are self sexing...that's partly why I got the eggs lol.

BUT is dark male or female? I need to know since they are hatching now and I have one dark one out...the other two are pipped...but not enough to tell which color they are.

Thank-you in advance!

YAY! YIPEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! I got a girl!

I got a girl i got a girl!

wee.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
woot.gif

kinda sorta..I don't want to inbreed,but at the same time you gotta use what you got! I am trying to find another source for three or four more eggs, but so far no luck.

I just checked on the hatched one that I had to bandage its stomach in...she is no longer alive. I do not know what killed her, humidity or temp could both be factors since my thermometer read a high of 101 sometime during the afternoon...but her stomach was all the way in and looked normal! What a heartbreak. I still have two in eggs...Oh, what a loss though!

She was so adorable, she stole my heart!

Alas, the heartbreak of hatching on your own. How on earth do hatcheries do it? I don't know if I can hatch any more..it's so terrible to lose such wonderful babies!

Last edited:
The last two geese hatched! Two more girls! YAY! I love my little goslings!

you are certain that dark colorings mean female, right? B/c one has silvery grey with the yellow, the other has dark grey with the yellow belly. The one I lost was both silvery streaked and darker grey streaked with a yellow belly.

I love my geese!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom