Pine shavings-where to buy larger cheaper quantities?

TSC is where I get pine shavings but I suggest corn cob bedding I get it cheaper and its alot cleaner and easier to deal with plus decomposes better in the garden...just a thought for ya.

Quote:
I love the cob but here it is very expensive.

I got pine shaving 10 cf compressed at the stone's feed store for 6.95 I think they called it horse bedding but works just fine for my babies.

lau.gif
blonde moment stuck now back to my thought

Oh and make sure its corn cob bedding not the pellets of compressed whatever they have. I get mine at Rural King here I think the name brand is Beck's. But it looks like corn cobs just ran thru grinder and left in small chunks. It soaks up and don't get as nasty as pine shavings.

Thanks for the additional tips! I feel more confident about where to ask around and what for, now.

Finding bales of super clean, yellow straw is also likely available as it is used by farmers, landscapers and decorators for Autumn scenes. Our price for good straw, not trash, not bad hay, but the really nice straw is around $4 a bale and equates to almost two large bales of shavings. Just another option to keep your eyes open to.

Back
Top Bottom