Pinenot, where are the pics??????

I'm so sorry to hear about that! That stinks!

I haven't had good luck with shipped eggs either. My first group of 15, 1 hatched. This batch in the bator, out of 15 only 3 look really viable. And.. like you.. none of the ones I REALLY wanted to hatch are growing at all (I'm on day 7). I left 2 of those in there, just in case they are late starters.. but I know better. Broke one of the bad air-cell ones this afternoon, and it looks like it made it to day 2 and then just quit. I think you are right, the breed must make a difference. Out of the cochin eggs (she sent 5), 1 is growing. Out of the Golden Lakenvelders (6), none. Out of the big, dark Black Austr.(4) at least 3 have something going on (2 with peeps, one I'm not sure if it's peep or blood ring).

Just have to imagine that large eggs ship better than small ones, although that's JMHO.

Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time.. maybe you could find some locally? That's what I'll do in the spring.

Meghan

Pinenot, hoping to hear good news. Maybe its the time of year, maybe hens don't lay hardier eggs in the winter. Maybe the temps with shipping. I wonder if the hatch rate goes down in the winter.-karen

Back
Top Bottom