Pinenot, where are the pics??????

barnie.gif
he.gif
barnie.gif

I don't have any pips yet!!!
barnie.gif

I will be sooooo sad if these don't hatch. I have 2 Silkies out of 4 dozen. This is the 4th and I am going nuts!!! If these don't hatch I will cry!

I ordered a pair of White Show Silkies that will be here right after Christmas. I better not have a lazy hen or roo!

Hopefully we have some babies in the morning
jumpy.gif

This is my 4th batch of eggs to hatch in a row, this fall/winter. I hatched eggs last year fine. I have had 2 Silkies hatch and my own Polish hatch, out of 4 seperate dozens of eggs. I can't get any silkies to hatch.

On this 4th batch, they are on their 22nd day. They are over due.

Pinenot, do you think you could candle them, or at least hold the egg up to your ear, and gently tap twice, and see if you can hear a peep or a heartbeat?
I am no expert, but it seems to me that silkies and polish may be harder to hatch, so far, out of 9 Cynthia eggs, I got 8 chicks. Out of 22 total Polish, I got 8, and out of 9 silkie eggs, I got 3. They were all mailed. Maybe some breeds ship better than others?

Last edited:
I am going to wait until tomorrow to candle them. I thought I saw one wiggle the other day and it isn't wiggling any more. I did see another different egg wiggle.

I had put one of my Barred Rock eggs in with this batch and it didn't even hatch. I have been soooo careful to do everything right. I don't get it.

When you got your shipped eggs did they form, go until the end and just not hatch? That is what mine do. They form...look great...and then they just don't hatch. Don't get it!

Back
Top Bottom