Pink eggs!

My Speckled Sussex lays a light brown egg that is distinctly pink. I've seen others claim that Orpingtons lay pink-ish eggs, but mine (until I sold the evil witch) laid a very average, deep/medium brown egg, similar to that laid by my (equally witchy and also quickly sold) Silver Laced Wyandotte.

In this picture, the top egg is from my Easter Egger, the bottom left is from my Speckled Sussex, and the bottom right is from the Wyandotte.

View attachment 1138008

So beautiful! I definitely plan to add a speckled Sussex in the spring!!! These eggs are so pretty!

I have to show this off. I know I've already updated that I in fact did get a pink egg, but my brahma just impressed me today. She laid the biggest, prettiest mauve egg yet. I just thought the others looked pink but check out that big pretty egg top right!
IMG_4785.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4785.JPG
    IMG_4785.JPG
    355.8 KB · Views: 2
I've had several light Brahmas that laid pink eggs, otherwise pretty random. Some individuals lay more pink eggs than otgers, but I don't think anyone has ever laid only pink eggs throughout their may in careers here.

I've had several light Brahmas that laid pink eggs, otherwise pretty random. Some individuals lay more pink eggs than otgers, but I don't think anyone has ever laid only pink eggs throughout their may in careers here.

Awe man. Oh well, hopefully I'll at least get one of these every so often. It's so perfect!

Back
Top Bottom