Pink eggs!

141822B0-B772-4FEE-A9F4-A8D50CB6DEA9.jpeg
I'm trying to come up with a general consensus of which breeds most often lay a pink colored egg. So... who all has had pink/pinkish eggs and which breed(s) laid them? TIA

My pink eggs are laid by a blue laced wyandotte.

Where did you get your brahma? Hatchery or breeder?

Cackle hatchery. Her eggs have gotten considerably lighter as she's been laying for a while. Now they are more creamy colored but they are often times speckled so they're still very pretty.

Cackle hatchery. Her eggs have gotten considerably lighter as she's been laying for a while. Now they are more creamy colored but they are often times speckled so they're still very pretty.

They could be lighter due to winter, ours are lighter now than they have been earlier in the year. Thanks for the reply!

E616626E-8EC3-4730-9634-4E74A03C1736.jpeg
I'm trying to come up with a general consensus of which breeds most often lay a pink colored egg. So... who all has had pink/pinkish eggs and which breed(s) laid them? TIA

I just got a VERY pink one today! I’m pretty sure it’s from one of my barred rocks. I have three ameracaunas that lay the blue-green eggs, one buff mix that lays tan ones, and the barred rocks normally lay shades of tan but today one had a pink coating over the tan!

Any more folks with pink/ pinkish eggs? I've read a lot about barred rocks being a pretty dependable layer of pink-tinted-brown eggs. Does that go for all Plymouth rocks or just barred? Also I see in pics that NHR eggs look like a nice pinkish brown. Is that just an affect of the camera or what? TIA!!!
Well, I've had barred rocks for 2 years and I have to say I have never seen a pink egg from any of them. ???

View attachment 1274914

I just got a VERY pink one today! I’m pretty sure it’s from one of my barred rocks. I have three ameracaunas that lay the blue-green eggs, one buff mix that lays tan ones, and the barred rocks normally lay shades of tan but today one had a pink coating over the tan!

That is such a neat looking egg! Thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom