Pink Quail

Quailfluf

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 6, 2014
Wisconsin
Hey I got some pink quail from my sister, and I am taking one to the fair as a pet this weekend. The problem is I have no clue how they originate or what they are really used for, I know for a fact I must know this because I showed my button quail last year. I could take my buttons again, but S'mores (the pink quail) is such a sweetie! If you guys could help me out that would be great!

(I also noticed that they must've come from coturnix quail somehow, same markings, same mating call, and same wait gain.)

Thanks!
-Lizzy

Yes I would love to see a pic...? I just had a complete blonde/yellow coturnix quail as it has no brown or black... its pretty cool

Yes I would love to see a pic...? I just had a complete blonde/yellow coturnix quail as it has no brown or black... its pretty cool
It'll be an A&M with a late coming spot or an english white. Most likely it will develop a spot on its head in a couple days.

Are you sure these pink quail aren't english whites or A&Ms with dust on their feathers? I only say this because I've seen this exact sort of question and it was an A&M with cedar dust settled all over it. Also certain types of litter will cause white feathers to turn a little pink.

Last edited:
It's a salmon color. and Your guys help is no longer needed. Thank you! Me and S'mores took home a first anyways :)

WOW.... Well we are all here for the same thing and its the love of the birds so why would you not share a pic? If its salmon color than please share it with us... Dont need to be rude about it.

It's a salmon color. and Your guys help is no longer needed. Thank you! Me and S'mores took home a first anyways :)
I consider myself pretty well researched when it comes to coturnix and there just is no pink or anything close currently so either you have a new mutation (which we would all be very excited about), you're calling a known color by something we aren't used to hearing (happens often because there is no breed standard), or it's as I suggested before had it's feathers dyed by something in it's environment. Either way no one was trying to slight you we just wanted to see a picture.

WOW.... Well we are all here for the same thing and its the love of the birds so why would you not share a pic? If its salmon color than please share it with us... Dont need to be rude about it.

I was not being rude, and I have no pictures! I am sorry if you thought I was being rude, my deepest apologies! And My sister calls them pink, ever seen gray cats being called blue or orange being Red? It's a name thing, all the fair districts by me go with that :)

Back
Top Bottom