PINLESS PEEPERS saves the day (or chicken butts anyway)

FUNNY! I DID DRAW EYEBROWS ON THIS SET!!!! We havent put them on yet. Oh and it makes it so they cant see directly in front of them making it impossible to peck or pull feathers. They can see the ground to eat, they can drink and I have yet to see them get on the roost but I read that they have no trouble. We shall see.

Last edited:
Quote:
Now THAT is brilliant!
lau.gif

who came up with this idea and were do you get them from? this is brillliant lol so they work by bloking there vision so they cant pick and pull how do they attach to the hen ? could you post a pic of one that isnt on the hen so we could have a better look at one

Ok these DID NOT work on Doris. Her comb comes down between her nostrils so they wouldnt stay on due to the "thickness". I trimmed her beak slightly and used a sanding block on it. I dont want her pecking babies eyes out or drawing blood. I might have to trim more if it isnt effective. That method did NOT work for Matilda (nor did any of the other 20 things I tried. I purchased these from eggcartons.com. They are really made for game birds who are notorious for cannibalism. They have little spikes you separate and stick in the nostrils. They are called pinless peepers.

Quote:
lau.gif

Omg toooo funny! Soon as I was done laughing though, I started schemeing on how to get some for my naughty chicken, Eleanor. My other birds are terrified of her now after all her feather picking. Poor girls.

Let me tell you this product is MAGICAL! Matilda pecks and pulls NO MORE! Every now and then a passerby gives her a peck as is of say "HA! NOW who's laughing?" She is hanging out by herself too. But no one is crying or losing feathers. She eats and roosts normally so I think it is working well.

Maybe Matilda and my "Pearl" can become the "peeper sisters"! I just couldn't take it one day. Pearl was after everyone including me! So "On with the Peepers"!!!

I am glad they are working for you. I thought I was the only one with a crazy hen!

83358_dscn1595.jpg

Back
Top Bottom