PINLESS PEEPERS saves the day (or chicken butts anyway)

Egg Rookie 2010

Songster
9 Years
Jun 21, 2010
North Idaho
Matilda got the Peepers put on this morning. It was a lot easier than I thought. I held her and hubby pulled the plastic peeper out of the hot cup of water and bent it open...kinda smushing into her nostrils. I thought it looked like it must hurt. Apparently the nostril area is not as hard as it looks. There is soft tissue there. She is trying in vain to kick it off. I saw somewhere on line someone had put googley eyeballs on it and I did too just to amuse myself. I used glue that is NOT going to loose hold of the eyes. The other girls are all discussing her now. What public humiliation. She shoulda kept her beak to herself. She even started on the roo a few days ago. I hope it is a good lasting solution. I now have 5 babies hatched yesterday so they need to be safe.
61151_sept10_006.jpg

Well it is working like a charm. She is leaving everyone alone. NOW Doris is pecking the mama and babies. So I have water boiling to put another pair on her. (The hot water softens this stiff thing up and it is easy to bend) The other girls in this shot are clearly discussing Matilda (WHAT happened to HER?!?)
61151_sept10_007.jpg

I'm glad it is working, but at this rate you are going to have a whole flock of Googley Eyed hens.
gig.gif
Oh my goodness she looks so offended in that first picture! You should take a Sharpie and draw mad eyebrows on this set, with the Googley Eyes. I might have a heart attack when I see it, but do it anyway.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom