Pinless Peepers Work!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by BethieofVA, Apr 8, 2011.

1. BethieofVA

BethieofVA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    Yorktown, Virginia
    I know it looks like my girls are watching a 3D movie, but these suckers have helped immensely!

[​IMG]

I have witnessed no more pecking, picking and bullying in the past few days. It looks like my one hen is on the mend. I am so grateful for these ugly little blinders. LOL!!

2. Aub

Aub Out Of The Brooder

Mar 8, 2011
    Those are pretty silly looking! How do you get them on and how do they stay on?

The Angry Hen likes this.
  3. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    [​IMG]

Did you see the thread where they put the little googly-eyes on the peepers? Hilarious! [​IMG]

4. BethieofVA

Mar 27, 2010
    Yorktown, Virginia
    Quote:I held the chicken and my husband just pushed them apart and clicked into their nostrils. They are having no issues with them at all.

The Angry Hen and marierod like this.
  5. Aub

Aub Out Of The Brooder

Mar 8, 2011
    That does not sound pleasant, but if it keeps them from pecking each other than it's worth it!

6. WitksChicks

WitksChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    Central CT
    I use the exact same pinless peepers on six of my hens. The only one that doesn't have a pair is our LegHorn hen. Her comb is sooo large that the peeper would cut into it. But she's isn't as old as the rest of the flock, she 6-8 months younger, so they also helped her get into the pecking order. She doesn't peck any of the others but she isn't on the bottom of the pecking order either.

7. BethieofVA

Mar 27, 2010
    Yorktown, Virginia
    It really has been a blessing. Those three sporting the shades are the only ones who have them. They were mangling the other five terribly. They have been on not quite a week and it took a fews days I would say for the peepers to be "ignored". Also, the bloodied hens are recovering nicely.

Pinless Peepers worth every penny. PLUS you do not need the special tool or any tool to put them on. I did not even soak them. My husband just pushed the front piece with both thumbs to spread and clipped them right on! Super easy.

kerbotx and feather13 like this.
  8. Boudicea Farms

Boudicea Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2010
    Where can you buy them?

9. CritterHill

CritterHill Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    SE PA
  10. StephanieD

StephanieD Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011