Pip at wrong end -Blood

coastiegrl

Songster
10 Years
Aug 20, 2013
My chick just pipped at the wrong end and I see blood! What should I do? Chick has been active for past few hours.

Attachments

• 20200926_004357.jpg
    20200926_004357.jpg
    380.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 20200926_005549.jpg
    20200926_005549.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 11
Sometimes when they pip, they hit a vessel and bleed a little bit. Chances are higher when they pip the wrong end because there isn’t that space like in the air cell end. From what I can see it doesn’t look excessive. If it’s active and otherwise fine, just leave it and make sure your humidity stays up. They take longer from pip to hatch when they do this though, as they do an internal and an external pip all in one go.
A good idea to read through the assisted hatching thread (if you haven’t already) just in case, ahead of time:
Link here

Sometimes when they pip, they hit a vessel and bleed a little bit. Chances are higher when they pip the wrong end because there isn’t that space like in the air cell end. From what I can see it doesn’t look excessive. If it’s active and otherwise fine, just leave it and make sure your humidity stays up. They take longer from pip to hatch when they do this though, as they do an internal and an external pip all in one go.
A good idea to read through the assisted hatching thread (if you haven’t already) just in case, ahead of time:
Link here
Thank you, I did read that and decided to leave the egg to continue but wanted to show a pic just to ensure I wasmaking the right decision. Thank you!

Link here

Back
Top Bottom