Pip but no hatch in 36 hrs

brandydiehl1980

In the Brooder
Feb 17, 2017
Noticed first pop on day 20 and it been 36 hrs now and no chick. I hear chripping and see movement but I'm worried it's going to die if I don't help. First timer here! Please help!

I didn't intervene last year, and lost a couple, I'm new at it also, but I'd make a small hole, for more air, and move slowly from there..I saved one out of 4 eggs last year..I'm on day 20 here, I know that feeling of "what to do" I wish you all the best, let me know how it turns out

Di..
thumbsup.gif

We already have a pip but it's been 36 hrs since first pip. Not sure if should wait or help. I see movement and hear chripping. Scared to lose my very first chick.

I'd start to assist if you haven't already..take small pieces of the shell at a time, if the chick gets cold, or you need to moisten the membrane, use a warm damp paper towel and put it back in the incubator for a few minutes..(anything yet?) Let me know

Please post on one of the Hatch-a-long threads, what you are asking, is the type of advice they give to posters. Use the same headline you used here, to get their attention.

Well I'm happy to say she hatched all by herself. Took about 42 hours but she's happy and healthy. Second hatched in about 9 hours after pip. The next set of two haven't pip yet and it's day 21 for them. Well happy to be here my bird friends!

Well I'm happy to say she hatched all by herself. Took about 42 hours but she's happy and healthy. Second hatched in about 9 hours after pip. The next set of two haven't pip yet and it's day 21 for them. Well happy to be here my bird friends!

Its good to hear the first two hatched. Cant wait to see pictures one they are all running around and warmed up.

So my second two only one has hatched this morning other pip a hour ago. My question is I the one that hatched this morning I brought him over to brooder where the 3 day old are and the male is pecking at newly hatched one. Should I be worried?

Back
Top Bottom