PIP! I have a PIP! Now a CHICK(PIC)

This is making me cry it's so wonderful!

Thank you Cyn for posting these & congratulations!

hugs.gif

Thank you. This is why hatching is so addictive. I love it every time. To update you, the other Blue Orp egg is rocking alot so she may be breaking the surface soon. Hopefully, all of them will hatch, but I'll keep you posted.

The babies will be in the brooder in the bsmt for about a month or until they outgrow it, then I have a nursery coop with a heat lamp that they can go to and be fine. My last batch went out there at two weeks old.

Mixed news here. The other Blue Orp has pipped so she's working her way out. Since we had seen no movement from the other Ameraucana or the Barred Rock in a long, long time, we decided to pip them through the aircell ourselves and see if the chicks were alive. Unfortunately, neither one made it. The Ameraucana was fully formed and perfect, yolk absorbed, etc, but the membrane was very white and dry and tough, just like in the one a few days ago. The Barred Rock was a HUGE chick! It had not absorbed the yolk at all, either. Not sure what's up with that since I've never had that happen with one of Lexie's eggs, but she is in full molt, so perhaps the shell was too thin or whatever, not sure. Anyway, stay tuned for the second Blue Orp hatching.

Back
Top Bottom