Pip Night of Day 19, Now Night of day 21

zozoa

Hatching
Apr 25, 2015
Hello, My first ever incubated chick(Bantam) pipped on day 19 and now it is day 21. On day 20 it started chirping and made a full little hole for its beck. Day 21 no progress and I got anxious and pulled some of the shell off... It has wiggled the membrane a little looser and now has its eye out( it can blink, but around the eye is still in the membrane) and occasionally chirps loudly. The egg hasn't cracked anymore. How long do I give it? How long will it be okay like this?
Thank you

DONT mess with the egg unless it still hasn't made any progress tomorrow evening, and even then just take tweezers and just barely chip ayah the outer shell of the egg. Don't fret, be patient. It will all work out. During my first hatch I got a little anxious and started helping one of my ducklings out, and it kind of worked but she did bleed a little, and that's never good. So I am advising you just to wait;)

Thank you. It has been chirping loudly for the last 5 minutes or so. Is this normal or is it having issues? The membrane is also not attached to shell around the part I peeled off about 7 hours ago.

48 turkey eggs and about 20 other Bantams.... due on 6 different days. It is day 21 for two of the bantys. The other banty also piped on day 18(a smaller hole) and I candled it yesterday and saw no movement, but I noticed a larger crack on the hole today(no chirping). The one I peeled the shell off of is the only one that has been chirping wildly.

It made no progress the second day and I ended up peeling the shell off of it. It looked good(fluffy yellow chick) and had absorbed the yolk, but was unable to stand. It died about 8 hours after that :( I probably killed it by not waiting longer and decided to leave the other pip egg alone. That egg never hatched, but I had a surprise chick hatch on day 23. The next round of chicks(5) are due on Wednesday. Hopefully they will hatch. Surprise chick does not like being left alone at all and will let you know. lol. Here's the surprise chick. It's name is Opo (oh-Poe) and it seems really healthy. I'm thinking the humidity displayed on the incubator may be inaccurate which is in-part messing the hatch up.
ps. In the last pic, he's not dead. He just sleeps like it. lol
An Hour after hatch
Day 2

Back
Top Bottom