Pipd's Peeps!

Pics
That is fertile!
celebrate.gif
Congrats! Hopefully you have some new babies soon.

Margie's egg has got the bullseye and I think that's fertile. She is the silkie isn't she? I only have one silkie roo left. He is decended from our very first silkies that we started out with in 2002. I hope she hatches some babies for you I love silkie chicks.

One of my orphingtons got pecked in the eye yesterday. I brought her in and put some eye drops in her eye and she was fine this morning thank goodness. I put her in a laundry basket to spend the night and I was so afraid to uncover her this morning.

How is Crash doing? She is so pretty I love the stripes on her face. I wonder how she would do with another female duck to keep her company when she goes outside.

We had a warm weekend too. The chickens and ducks enjoyed spending the days out in the sun. I got the pool going for the ducks and they had a blast.

I hope your feeling better.

Oops, yes, Margie is my only Silkie hen! She was my first Silkie, back in 2013, and then last year I got Reuben, my Silkie rooster. I can't wait for Silkie babies, either! Between here and another thread I posted on, everyone is saying fertile!! Reublets are coming! ...Reublets and Margelings? :lol:

Goodness, these girls can be downright vicious! Glad your girl's eye was fine this morning. I've also taken to using laundry baskets as emergency overnight pens. The things you discover alternate uses for when you have chickens... :rolleyes:

Crashie's fine, though probably a bit glum because she didn't get to come down to her living room pen today. :/ Schoolwork had me practically banging my head against a wall and I forgot to go get her, poor baby. It's this lab report I have due on Thursday, it really has me struggling. I didn't get the data for it from my lab instructor until late last night or I would have started it much sooner. UGH! On the positive side, I am feeling much better. Just the cough to kick and I'll be back to business as usual. :)

It's a rainey old day here. It was suppose it get up to 70 but I don't think it's going to make it.

I hope you get your report done in time. It's been so long since I did homework. Some of it I enjoyed but others was a pain trying to get done.

I think their still treating Twinkie as an outcast but hopefully she'll fit in soon with the girls. The pecking order is so cruel. She is the next to the biggest hen out there her sister is the biggest.

Give Crash a hug from me. I loved reading about her. She is a miracle the only egg you dropped and the only one that hatched. I was rooting for her when she was growing up.

Have a great day.Good luck with those eggs silkies are the best broodies and mom's.

Oh, man, what a long week it's been... :th Well, a long couple days, anyway...

Got the lab report done. One of my friends talked to the lab instructor to ask what to do and was treated pretty indifferently (she was told to just Google the answers, because I guess that's what you do in genetics studies?), so I decided at that point it obviously wasn't worth the struggle I was having to put it together. 15 points is no biggie in the long run. I turned in what I had finished. :tongue

Yesterday was a lab day for a different class. I mention this because my lab instructor in that class (pretty cool guy, he also does the lectures) noticed my chicken shirt yesterday and pointed it out. Before I could say much more than, "Yep," my friend jumped in and said, "All her shirts have chickens on them." Okay, that's technically true because the only shirts I have without chickens on them are the junky shirts I wear around the house and out with the chickens...

Today was genetics lab, which I take with a different friend. I was taking my lab coat off to put it up and go home at the end of lab when someone across the bench from me said, "Is that a chicken on your shirt?" We had just been talking about my chickens and Crash, so I said, "Of course." Before I could say anything more, my friend (again, a different one than the last time) said, "All her shirts have chickens on them." So I guess I have a well-known identity amongst my friends... :oops:

Nothing much is going on with the girls, not that I would have been here to witness anything. Margie has only laid one egg since the one I used to check if it was fertile, but she shows no signs of brooding yet, so we still have time to collect a few. :D A few of the other girls are picking up laying and from all reports, they're making a heck of a ruckus deciding who gets what box! I guess that means I need to wash some nests and make more room for egg laying, even though they'll probably still fight over them. :rolleyes: Chickens

Looks like we have one last cold snap coming in the next few days and then we're supposed to be spring-like from then on! :celebrate Lots of picture taking to come! Not this weekend, though, as I have a genetics exam to study for. :sick

Chicken shirts are great I have a couple too. I love wearing them.

Looking forward to some pics when you have a chance, I know your busy with going to school and homework.

My chickens all fight over the same nesting box. We have six nesting boxes and the only thing they want to use is the pet carrier which isn't even a nesting box. They stand in line and wait for that box to empty. Oh well it makes it easier to collect the eggs their all in the carrier. Don't tell them that because they will start using the other nesting boxes.

Have a great evening.

Aw, haha, mine don't have anything special beyond their nests, but they sure fight over them! Someone will go into one, and the rest of them must think there was some special reason she decided on that one, so they all go for it. I have a few pictures of nest box pile ups, but this is my favorite from recent years. I think there were four hens in there, with poor Tilde at the bottom of the stack. :lol:

"Can't... breathe..."

I've been finding eggs in one of the dust baths recently, though. :confused: But at least it's still in the coop. It's too early in the year for egg hunts!

lau.gif
That picture is hilarious!

The egg hunts are so annoying x.x mine can't freerange and winter set in before we could get the run together so they are all hanging out in a big ol' coop that they lay eggs all over the place
rant.gif

Back
Top Bottom